• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power steering pump bracket interchange

scottyrock

NAXJA Forum User
91 xj, 4.0L,4x4,aw4.,auto
Need to replace the power steering pump bracket because the top bolt hole in mine is stripped causing the pump not to be secure and throwing of the belt a bit, The only years that will fit on mine would be 91-95 correct??

scottyrock said:
91 xj, 4.0L,4x4,aw4.,auto
Need to replace the power steering pump bracket because the top bolt hole in mine is stripped causing the pump not to be secure and throwing of the belt a bit, The only years that will fit on mine would be 91-95 correct??
That is correct.

Well we fixed the bolt issue. But I believe the culprit is the new power steering pump. Actually it is a reman from oreillys.The pulley is just a hair off. Using some washers to try and space it enough. So at this point it is wait and see. Thanks fro the replies guys.

scottyrock said:
Well we fixed the bolt issue. But I believe the culprit is the new power steering pump. Actually it is a reman from oreillys.The pulley is just a hair off. Using some washers to try and space it enough. So at this point it is wait and see. Thanks fro the replies guys.

isnt the hole still stripped even though you need to space it with a washer?

yeah but using a smaller bolt and threading it to a nut on the backside vs. the threads in the bracket seemed possible. But we went ahead and tapped it for a bigger bolt. seems to be fine right now.

Back