• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 inch lift

redneck1939

NAXJA Forum User
my friend has a jeep xj and he wants to put a lift in and he want a 4.5 inch lift what he wants to know is will that be enough to make it thru most trails? or what lift should he get?

Last edited:
HAHA with the right driver sure... Sway bars disconnected,lockers,more information.

redneck1939 said:
he wants to go thru some what challenging trails
Fixed it for you!

yea he just wants to keep up and be able to just wheel really lol. i have 4.5 inches of lift and it does me good but he just wanted more imput.

thats a good start, but there are other things that he should consider doing also. a lift kit isnt going to make his xj into an awesome rig all by itself.

redneck1939 said:
well i have 31inch wild cats now
So who are we really talking about here?:roflmao:

YOUR BEST ANSWER RIGHT HERE........Go out and wheel.
Doing this process you and your 16 year old friend will learn quick what works and what doesnt. I have 4.5 "s and i love it. low center of gravity. Also one thing to consider is lifting more then 4.5"s your more then likely going to need an sye kit and longer driveline.

Back