• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Issue after installing lift blocks!!!! NEED HELP!

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
We installed 2" lift blocks on the rear of my Jeep. Everything went well, but it's been driving funny lately. I put it up on our lift and here's what I got. The blocks pushed the swar bars ends into the tires causing them to rub and cut into my tires. How do I fix this ? New sway bar ends ??? I really need help asap as this is my mode of transportation and I will not drive it any further in it's current condition

Drivers side

100_2973.jpg

100_2977.jpg

Passenger Side
100_2974.jpg

100_2978.jpg

camarors8992 said:
We installed 2" lift blocks on the rear of my Jeep. Everything went well, but it's been driving funny lately. I put it up on our lift and here's what I got. The blocks pushed the swar bars ends into the tires causing them to rub and cut into my tires. How do I fix this ? New sway bar ends ??? I really need help asap as this is my mode of transportation and I will not drive it any further in it's current condition

Drivers side

100_2973.jpg

100_2977.jpg

Passenger Side
100_2974.jpg

100_2978.jpg

Remove the sway bar like I did a few weeks ago. Through it away.

Not so's you'd notice. Get rid of it.

Get rid of the sway bar...easy fix!

I ran lift blocks a while back, lost the sway bar. Rode the same, but it did trash my springs. My 2 cents, loose (correction, lose) the blocks, get springs and possibly re-install the sway bar.

Last edited:
You have a bigger issue than the sway bar. If the block is installed correctly, the sway bar will not rub the tires. It the appears the spring spring is not level on the axle. Check your installation first. The sway bar ends shouldn't be closer to the tires than the springs are.

Neal

RyanM said:
I would tighten them before I loosened them :looney:
Allow me to elaborate, get rid of the blocks, they will ruin the leaf springs.
Not loosen them, "looze", get rid if. sepll chek not wurkin, sorry.

97CountryXJ said:
Allow me to elaborate, get rid of the blocks, they will ruin the leaf springs.
Not loosen them, "looze", get rid if. sepll chek not wurkin, sorry.

What mister wong lee here is trying to say is that blocks excessively exploit axle wrap and will cause leaf springs to prematurely sag, and even get bad inverted bends in the end. Hasta

^^^ There are only no problems if you double stack them, that's why.:looser:

The blocks are temporary. I have a total of $35 into the rear lift blocks and U bolts and it helped level the jeep out as the rear leafs are already shot. I have some money already put up and what I get back from my tax return is all lift money.

RyanM said:
Does the lift block have a pin that goes in the center of the perch :)
The sway bar, whether necessary or not should NOT be rubbing the tire after this mod. Theoretically the body went straight up, the sway bar now rubbing indicates a sideways position. I think Ryan M & SGTMAcK have the correct answer, the photos make me believe the axle is not centered, possibly due to centering pins not being aligned properly. Recheck the installation, when seated in the perches correctly, retorque the spring u-bolts and recheck the torque after driving a bit.

AND lose the sway bar, it doesn't work well off road.

Tom

Back