• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Cherokee Downpipe

calvynandhobbs

NAXJA Forum User
A good exhaust shop should be able to build you a new down pipe
without that creas in it it will cost more but it should be worth it.

Custom made mandrel bent is the only way that I know of you getting around it. Are you doing the manifold yourself? A custom setup should only run you about 250 max.

keep searching, there is a downpipe for the renix that does not have the crimp. ive seen it but cant remember where. i will also look as im about to change it out on my 89. if you have a lift, you should be able to not hit it with the driveshaft.

I'm running a 6" lift so I think my clearance issues are solved. I'm going to keep searching to see if I can find one without the crimp since I was planning on doing this all myself. I just wanted to put stock components back under it since I don't have a bender. If I can't find one I guess I'll be seeing an exhaust shop.

I tried the autozone downpipe for an 88. It was cheap, but the bends are all wrong. It puts the right angle turn under the tranny pan instead of between the tranny and the bell housing. Just get one bent up at a muffler shop. Try a few places though and find one that wont try and charge you 200 bucks to do it.

KH

norcalchris said:
as far as i know, the crimp is there for clearance issues, but a lift clears that all up.
I wish you were right

Back