• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Upper Shock X-over Shock Mount NEED FEEDBACK!

SOUTHTEXASXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for some feedback on this mount. I just got my XJ this weekend its a 99 with a RC 6.5 lift and all there goodies just dont like the rear shock mounts and looking for a better ride is the rear?
Thanks

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
Looking for some feedback on this mount. I just got my XJ this weekend its a 99 with a RC 6.5 lift and all there goodies just dont like the rear shock mounts and looking for a better ride is the rear?
Thanks

Well, since I don't know what a RC lift shock mount is, nor do I know what a JKS upper X-over mount is, I can't comment. Of course, I could search their appropriate web sites to see pics, but don't have the time.

A few pics or a more detailed description might get you some better feed back. :)

BTW, the shock mounts won't have much to do with the ride. Ride quality will come from spring rate, spring friction, and shock valving (and tire pressure, don't run the tires at the max rated pressure).

I have the JKS x-over... and it's 4-sale in the 4-sale section.... Im going w/ shocks through the floor now so I have no need for it...

I liked it while I had it... just dont have any need for it anymore...

Chris

uncc civilengineer said:
I have the JKS x-over... and it's 4-sale in the 4-sale section.... Im going w/ shocks through the floor now so I have no need for it...

I liked it while I had it... just dont have any need for it anymore...

Chris

posted in your ad!

I seem to recall someone having fitment issues, although I think that might have been on a 97+, which might or might not affect you.

My question is what does this mount do? Having shocks mount at that angle decreases their efficiency.

edit:Nevermind, I was thinking of another companies mount:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=916892

Last edited:
I cant believe that you actually bought that XJ from Jason...I saw that thing cutting donuts in the parking lot and blow the outter tires off the bead more then once. I also saw him use it at the county fair in the tough truck competition. He was treating that rig like a rental car!! I left early, but I heard that he attempted to jump over 6 school busses for his grand finale!!

Just kidding, Jason is ahell of a guy! I just thought I would hijack your thread for a minute. ;)

nothing to worry about, I hear that he cleared 4 school buses last year!!

As for fitment... not sure what the problems were but w/ my 98 it just bolted right up.. You do have to modify your exhaust routing a little bit but that was it...

I've never had a JKS product not fit as advertised... They seem to be pretty good about that.

AS for why "I" used it.... I hi-clearanced my lower shock mounts to be flush w/ the tube. I am also running 9.5" shocks out back and they bottomed out, destryoing (2) RE monotubes.. So I bought (2) new shocks and the cross-over... problem solved. It's hard to find a happy medium.. IF i went w/ a shorter shock just to have compression.. there would be no droop... etc.

They're going though the floor now so I just dont need it anymore.. just need $$ to recoup the cost of shocks.

uncc civilengineer said:
As for fitment... not sure what the problems were but w/ my 98 it just bolted right up.. You do have to modify your exhaust routing a little bit but that was it...

I've never had a JKS product not fit as advertised... They seem to be pretty good about that.

AS for why "I" used it.... I hi-clearanced my lower shock mounts to be flush w/ the tube. I am also running 9.5" shocks out back and they bottomed out, destryoing (2) RE monotubes.. So I bought (2) new shocks and the cross-over... problem solved. It's hard to find a happy medium.. IF i went w/ a shorter shock just to have compression.. there would be no droop... etc.

They're going though the floor now so I just dont need it anymore.. just need $$ to recoup the cost of shocks.

how was the ride before and after what size lift?

I doubt shocks will help a noticable amount but I may be wrong ...

is this your kit?
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_6x.html

My guess is it's your rear leaf packs.. If you can, take a picture of the angle your shackle's sit with the jeep at normal ride height.. Spring packs w/ a lot of arch ( and not custom, etc.) tend to ride rough. I've never owned a RC product but when my RE 3.5" leafs were new they rode very stiff. Shocks may help some but I seriously think it's the leafs themselves in this situation.....

uncc civilengineer said:
I doubt shocks will help a noticable amount but I may be wrong ...

is this your kit?
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_6x.html

My guess is it's your rear leaf packs.. If you can, take a picture of the angle your shackle's sit with the jeep at normal ride height.. Spring packs w/ a lot of arch ( and not custom, etc.) tend to ride rough. I've never owned a RC product but when my RE 3.5" leafs were new they rode very stiff. Shocks may help some but I seriously think it's the leafs themselves in this situation.....

yes thats the kit and thats my jeep in the ad for the kit! I will get a pic of the spring pac!

Angling the shocks inward just decreases the effectiveness of the shocks. It hinders the shocks ability to control sway and bottoming out by decreasing the amount of shock travel relative to suspension travel.

Again, this doesn't effect the ride. If the ride is too stiff, first check the air pressure. Then consider getting a better shock, then look into better springs. Shocks can make a big difference in ride, as can the springs.

Back