• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM wheels

mattylight

NAXJA Forum User
I've been lookin around and can't seem to find much info on stock wheels. All I really want to know is what wheels I have on my XJ, and if they are worth keeping. Are they worth much money? I like them well enough, I may keep them when I start lifting and all, but I may get something else. anyway here is a pic:

Thanks!
jeep2tm0.jpg

yeah i bought a set of 5 from a salage yard for $20 a wheel for my '92, there common on the '97+ xj's but i like the look of them, ive seen them with some meaty tires, and they look sweet.

yup ECCOs... the only problem you'll run into is that they have a lot of backspacing... somthing like 5.25". It will just make it a little more difficult to get bigger tires because they'll start rubbing on suspension components. Not to mention they'll give you a narrower stance.

The Eccos came in two colors, light grey and dark grey. The dark ones came on the classic models in '98 and '99, and the lighter colors were on the sports. They are somewhat harder to come by, but there are tons out there. The lighter Eccos came on TJ's as well, so they are even more common. They are nice wheels. If you like the way they look, why don't you keep them. I personally think that they look better than most aftermarket wheels.

FYI, this is the Jeep Ecco concept that originally sported the wheels...
154_0509_10z+jeep_ecco_concept+side_view.jpg

ty20404 said:
yup ECCOs... the only problem you'll run into is that they have a lot of backspacing... somthing like 5.25". It will just make it a little more difficult to get bigger tires because they'll start rubbing on suspension components. Not to mention they'll give you a narrower stance.
Stock wheels have 5.25 backspacing. The setup I have has proven very well, no rubbing. Stance looks even enough, tires actually sit 1/4 to 3/8" out of flares.

Last edited:
Markos said:
The Eccos came in two colors, light grey and dark grey. The dark ones came on the classic models in '98 and '99, and the lighter colors were on the sports. They are somewhat harder to come by, but there are tons out there. The lighter Eccos came on TJ's as well, so they are even more common. They are nice wheels. If you like the way they look, why don't you keep them. I personally think that they look better than most aftermarket wheels.

FYI, this is the Jeep Ecco concept that originally sported the wheels...
154_0509_10z+jeep_ecco_concept+side_view.jpg
So, what is that thing supposed to be?

a piece of shit.... sorry for being a little blunt. I've been drinking.

The Ecco's are actually fairly commonly wanted among the XJers......they look good on every year XJ, IMO. The light silver ones like you pictured are found on the 97+ sports, where as the "classic" models got the same wheel, only a dark silver color. They can also be found on TJ's as well.

Personally, they were the rim of choice that I wanted for mine, as it had some ZJ wheels on it when I got it. Got lucky and scored a set of 4 for $60 from another NAXJA member not too far from my school last year.

Mine with 3" of lift and 31 BFG's:

1000453lv7.jpg

One caution on these wheels if you live in a "salted road" environment. These wheels oxidize and tire beads won't seal. On my 98 Up Country Classic, the beads started leaking last year and now I have 3 leaking. I have found a local shop that has a spinning machine with stone grinders but it costs ~ $55 per wheel to repair & remount/balance each wheel.

Back