• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size punch for tension spring removal?

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
I need to pick up a steel punch to get the tension spring out of the center shaft in the front dana 30. What size punch? I've done this before but at my buddy's garage and using his tools so i wanna get my own punch but dunno what size it was.

muddeprived said:
I need to pick up a steel punch to get the tension spring out of the center shaft in the front dana 30. What size punch? I've done this before but at my buddy's garage and using his tools so i wanna get my own punch but dunno what size it was.

anyone?

are you talking about the roll-pin that retains the carrier cross shaft in place?? i dont know the exact size, i just grab the one i always use from the punches/chisel drawer.. maybe 1/4" ??

sidriptide said:
are you talking about the roll-pin that retains the carrier cross shaft in place?? i dont know the exact size, i just grab the one i always use from the punches/chisel drawer.. maybe 1/4" ??

Right. I ended up using some steel rod (8-32) and got it out. I was removing the aussie. I didn't know the correct term for it so i searched the web and a writeup said "tension spring" so i went with that. Sorry for the confusement.

i just clicked on this link because i didnt put a spring in the my 30 and was wonderin how it was staying together, or i just wanted to see what he was trying to describe

Back