• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I got bored, so....

MetViper

NAXJA Forum User
...I painted some crap black...:anon:

In case you don't notice, its the bottom of door, and rockers....

meh, I think it looks good.

120907_17381.jpg

Looks good, what did you use? Very clean XJ, better than my 96.

I plan the paint the same area on my XJ black plus the hood becasue the hood is pretty scratched up. I already painted the JCR front bumper and the stock rear bumper with gloss black auto enamel and a spray gun.

ratherbcamping said:
Looks good, what did you use? Very clean XJ, better than my 96.

I plan the paint the same area on my XJ black plus the hood becasue the hood is pretty scratched up. I already painted the JCR front bumper and the stock rear bumper with gloss black auto enamel and a spray gun.

Thanks, but the pictures make it look better than it is! My future plans include a JCR bumper. You happy with it?

MetViper said:
Thanks, but the pictures make it look better than it is! My future plans include a JCR bumper. You happy with it?

Yes, it took a little time to clean it up and paint it, but the workmanship and fit was very good.

After.jpg

I thought that hurculiner would look good there, Thanks for confirming it.
Mike

MetViper said:
Yes. After income tax refund I hope to have enough left over to buy a welder and a cutter. Then I'm going to build my own sliders and bumpers. I have some practicing to do. I haven't welded since my senior year in high school ten years ago! It should be fun.
THREAD HIJACK

I learned to weld with an old Lincoln Stick welder and the new wire feed ones are so much simpler and easier to clean up. No slag to chip and alot less prep to the metal prior to laying a bead. Me like alot more better! ! !

Back