• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Add cruise control

Ron Hyslop

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to add a factory cruise control kit form Jeeps R Us to my daughters 01 xj. It seems straight forward enought, only question is, will there be wiring and connectors behind the plugs in the steering column where the control switchs go? Thanks for any insight.

Pretty much plug and play, steering wheel and clock spring could be a pia though.

I need more info as far as the other options on her XJ such as power windows and such. I know it sounds funny but they had build sheets and usually if they had one option the wiring for another option would be there.

Ron Hyslop said:
I would like to add a factory cruise control kit form Jeeps R Us to my daughters 01 xj. It seems straight forward enought, only question is, will there be wiring and connectors behind the plugs in the steering column where the control switchs go? Thanks for any insight.

I did a 99. All the wiring is there waiting. Change the clockspring and install the switches and their wires, install the servo, hook it up to the connector and vacuum and you are done. One caution, there is one kit for 97-98 and another for 99-01.
The switches of those kits all look the same but they are not.

It's a 01xj Sport, power windows and locks with remote keyless entry, up country package, heavy duty suspention, heavy duty cooling, heavy duty electrical, aw4 automatic, vin 1J4FF48S71L591105, originally delivered to the Corp of Engineers in St. Paul MN. int the winter of 2001.

Ron Hyslop said:
Hey Falcon, where did you get the kit, I can't find it of jeepsrus.
I would like to know as well.

Has anyone done a write up on how to install this? Seems strait forward, but its always nice to see someone do it before you do.

Ron Hyslop said:
Hey Falcon, where did you get the kit, I can't find it of jeepsrus.

I did it the cheap way, I went to the bone yard, got everything cheap.
I screwed up and got 98 switches which won't work in a 99 and had to redo it, otherwise no problem.

Back