• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting problems round 2

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
Well before u guys mentioned that i have a bad starter and that is not the case. I cleaned all terminals and grounds. Replaced starter relay and i still get the click click click and then some more of that then it fires. Today it wont even fire. But if i run a screwdriver and jump the starter relay it fires right away. Then i go in the cab and look at the fuses box under dash. Previous owners ran a wire ran from the clock fuse to the single fuse clip that is under the instlamp fuse. This single space is not marked. I dont understand why they ran a wire to two fuses in the box. I check the clock has power with the key on. But why the hell would the clock power teh starter. Somebody please give me and idea on what i can do? 89xj4.0

it doesnt have enough juice to crank over the starter so i dont know what they did to make it work before. But if i take that wire they have in the fuse box out of the two fuse holes nothing. no click nothing. Anyelse have n idea

Back