• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which trackbar with rust's drop bracket.

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
origionally my xj had a rusty's 4.5" lift kit, and i have since replaced almost all of this fantabulous kit, with only the trackbar, and drop bracket remaining:eek:. Now that i have about 6.5" of lift i am getting horrible bumpsteer, and the jeep wanting to follow all the little ruts in the the road. i have had it aligned, and didnt help. so i am thinking it is time for a new trackbar that is made for the amount of lift i have. but..... due to some sloppyness in the rusty's bracket i ended up welding it on to the body to get it to stay still...:looney: resulting in me kind of being stuck with it. so i was wondering if anyone knows which trackbars are compatible with my drop bracket. thanks lots!

dale

no opinions or suggestions?

Break out the grinder,what when on can come off! I dont think any of the good bars will fit the Rusty's bracket,the RE joint is 2" wide.

dgrigorenko said:
no opinions or suggestions?
You bumped your thread because no one posted for 45 minutes? Relax......

Get rid of the bracket. They are known to fail. Your much better off buying something like RE, or TnT.

dang... thats really what i was wanting to avoid. but i may just have to do it. does anyone have any experience with rusty's heavy duty trackbar? i'm not all about rusty's but if its decent i would rather do that.

hmmm funny thing... i just looked at which trackbar i have and its the rusty's hd one... sooooo i guess i am just looking at some grinding.

1.65" - Same as the stock lower mount. I used a 3/4" Hiems and had the misalignment spacers turned down so that the overall assembly was 1.65" wide to fit into my rusty's HD mount that I reinforced the hek out of.

Well I would think you could get a track-bar with a heim joint to fit inside Rusty's bracket. Unfortunately RE1600 isn't for a lift as tall as the OP's.

I think Rock Krawler makes a track-bar that uses a heim on the frame mount, not sure if it is any longer than the RE bar though.

Otherwise the OP may be right and have to cut off the bracket. Seems like a shame as you would be able to make a track-bar yourself that would work with it.

the real shame is that i had the rusty's to begin with. i think i am going to go with the tnt setup.

Your other option is to call up Rusty and give him your messurements for a new bar without the frame side bushing end (use the one you have). I am running with his Hd bar like the one you have and have not had any problems with it. That will save you the grinding and you know it will work.Cheeers! Oh and one more thing about rusty give him the #'s, dont let him sell you a bar based off of lift height. Other wise you will get a TB that will most likely be to short.

Back