• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yj adj trackbar on an xj?

jstone8952

NAXJA Forum User
will an adj trackbar from a yj fit on an xj with about 4-5" of lift? i dont have specifics on the trackbar but mine is an 89 laredo. j/w cuz its pretty cheap and relatively new according to the guy im getting it from.

There's a major difference in front-end geometry between the YJ Wrangler and the XJ. I'm not sure it would be easily adapted and there would definitely be some adapting and modifying required.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Id say it could be made to work but why when there are perfectly good xj trac bars available and lets face it on a xj the track bar is a little more important than it is on a yj

well cuz im trying to lift my xj a little bit more (maybe like 2 in spacers and a shackle) and im also trying to get rid of some subs i have and i have a guy who wants to trade my subs for an adj track bar from a yj... i am currently running 3" coils and a block...

I hope you have control arms that will work with the extra lift.

post a pic and measurments of the track bar and Ill tell ya more of what I think it would take to make it work

ill have to get all of that from him- he made the offer earlier today on fla jeepers- i just wanted to get a lil background before i tell him no- see if itl really work or not

Back