• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat belts

roostmonster

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to finish my new floor install, 2" lift, floor panel fix, and complete bushing replacement. I have everything in and ready to go except now I am having some issues with the front seat belt mechanisms. They seem to have retracted on their own and now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them to release so I can get them in place to secure them. Does anyone know how to get the mechanism to release? I haven't driven this thing in over a month and I am itch'n to try out my new suspension. Thanks in advance....Jeff

had the same thing happen to me (rear ones). Don't know how much time I have wasted trying to get them to release. Ended up buying a replacement from a salvage yard. I notice they tie a not in them to avoid this from happening. If there is a trick to releasing I'd like to know as well.

make sure to hold it the way it would be attaching when bolted down. because seat belts are made to lock when the vehicle is flipping or flipped. or heavy braking. so hold it the exact way it would be mounted.

damn, wish I would have thought of that. On my "locked" one I popped the small round belt stop (wish a screwdriver) forced it to take more belt into the mechanism, held it in the upright position, and it pulled out no problem.

codyj86 said:
make sure to hold it the way it would be attaching when bolted down. because seat belts are made to lock when the vehicle is flipping or flipped. or heavy braking. so hold it the exact way it would be mounted.

Thanks... Worked like a charm. I had to pop off that little disk to get some belt travel but it took like 15 seconds and the seatbelt is now back on.

Back