• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help finding rims with 4.5" backspacing

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going with 32x11.5 tires and I'm having a heck of a time finding rims with 4.5" of backspacing. I find 4" and 3.75 everywhere.

The Crager Soft 8's list 4.5" bs on some sites and 4" bs on others.

Anyone got part numbers and know for sure?

The RockCrawlers and Soft Eights at 4 Wheel Parts come/came in a 4.5" BS. I run them and haven't had any issues.

Soft Eight style is part number PCW97-5866

No problems with my 4" backspaced AR767s, and I've got 32x11.50 on those as well. Any particular reason given for the 4.5" request?

Jim www.yuccaman.com

When I was running rims with 4.5" BS, I shopped and found a wheel company that would make steel modular rims with a custom BS. I ran a couple sets of those rims, custom ordered each time. It was too long ago to remember what company it was, but you could ask around.

For running that tires size and wanting them to stuff good with minimal trimming the 4.5" BS is ideal.

Yucca-Man said:
No problems with my 4" backspaced AR767s, and I've got 32x11.50 on those as well. Any particular reason given for the 4.5" request?

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Seems like every post I saw said 4.5" backspacing was "best" for 32x11.5 but, if you aren't finding a problem at 4" then they would most likely work for me.

I'm looking at going to 4.5 " lift (a mix of RE / Teraflex and OME) I want to leave the fenders in the stock location (I don't mind triming and bumpstopping) because I plan to switch to my 31" AT's for street use, and the Mud Terrains when I need them.

Sounds similar to what I'm already running - the only fender trim was to clearance the front edge of the front wheelwells.

Makes me wonder if I was one who said "4.5" BS is best" earlier?

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Yucca-Man said:
Sounds similar to what I'm already running - the only fender trim was to clearance the front edge of the front wheelwells.

I figured on folding the pinch seam in back, and removing the front edge up to about bumper height. Sounds like that'll work fine then. Mainly, I don't want to relocate flares (looks dorky when I 'm running 31's) and I don't want to give up articulation.

Yucca-Man said:
Makes me wonder if I was one who said "4.5" BS is best" earlier?

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Might have been? I've been accumulating parts and favors for a while on this inch of growth - it's going to be expensive. . . Rims with 4" backspacing are easy to find and pretty cheap used. No big deal if it was. . .

Back