• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arms?

xalexjx

NAXJA Forum User
Iv been running 5.5" on teraflex lca's and stock uppers, I was going to buy some adj. uppers but am thinking ill make some long arms or will just buy some. I know a few guys who are running rock crawler and who like them. Also I have heard lots of good things about Clayton hard arms. Any suggestions, I have a few connections if I order through rock crawler and can get a decent discount. What do you guys recomend? Also making them wouldnt be to huge a deal just a matter of ordering the end joints and weld in bungs and fabbing them up although that takes quite a bit of time, and if i do fab them i wont cut corners like someone else on here did. :roflmao:Money's not to much of an huge issue and i do get some free time on my hands ocasionally. What would you guys do?

This is also a trail rig only

If your just going to copy a long arm set up that already exist and money isn't really an issue then just save your self some time and Bull shit and buy a set.

xalexjx said:
Also I have heard lots of good things about Clayton hard arms. Any suggestions, I have a few connections if I order through rock crawler and can get a decent discount. What do you guys recomend?
the clayton arms have to be one of the easiest to install, and are the strongest arms on the market no questions asked

I'd build a set of lower arms in the 22" range and do a single upper arm about 19", raise the LCA axle mount even with the axle tube, and call it good.

You'd end up with arm angles as good as long arms and better ground clearance.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Im not sure if $250 is worth justifying. I need to see how muck i can get knocked of the Rockcrawler setup. I should had snagged the Clayton setup that was on the cheap a few weeks ago.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]XJ X Factor Long Arm Upgrade[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$599.00[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
1984-2001Front Long Arm SuspensionUK-XJ $ 849.00

Back