• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hella 500w lights and stock fog switch 97+

IROCthe4.0

NAXJA Forum User
I bought some hella 500 watt lights to mount on my bumper. When I put the aftermarket bumper on the truck I lost my factory fogs. What Id like to do it use my factor switch instead of the one included with the lights. My question is can I use the existing Jeep fog wiring and make the ends work for my lights? Or should I use the hella wiring and make it work with the stock switch? Using the jeep wiring would be much easier but if it cant handle the lights then Ill have to use the hella. What do you guys think?
Matt

I have hella's on my front bumper with stock wiring in my 96

The stock fog wiring is kinda wimpy, when you compare it to the wiring that came with your Hella's. You'll get much better light output from the Hella wire than you will from the stock wiring.

Just follow the wiring diagram that came with your lights, and use the unused end of one of your stock fog light plugs (cut the plug off), to use that as your Hella relay "trigger", so that you can use your stock fog light switch...

It's pretty simple...

Ivan

I wired my lights through the factory wiring and switch and they work fine, BUT I hate that my headlights have to be on for them to operate. Also found out that the relays are about $12 for the factory setup too :( as mine was shot.

Does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram for the Hella 500's. I have a set but do not have the original wiring diagram...

Thanks,

I running the stock wiring for mine and i have replaced the 55w with 110w no problems

Preciate the help....I guess i should have looked there first....Thanks.

Back