• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I buy used tires? Advice Please.

AlabamaDan

NAXJA Forum User
Hey can I get some advice? There's this guy (that I don't really know) who has some used tires that may fit my Jeep. He said he's getting rid of them because he got some 32's. They are BFG 30 x 9.50 for a 15" rim. Says their about half worn no patches or plugs. He said they should fit a cherokee fine with no rubbing. He wants $125. My 88 XJ is 100% stock.

Will they fit my XJ?

I need tires. Should I buy them?

They'll fit, might rub a titty bit at full lock but shouldnt be bad.

They might actually rub a lot, depending on how worn out your suspension is. If you're suspsnsion is sagging and worn out, I would look at replacing that first.

If they look good, I would have no problem running them. I bought used 31's for my current rig. You might run a little on 50% 30's.

I haven't bought NEW tires for a jeep in 20 years. Craigslist makes it easier. Buy take offs.

I bought my first XJ in September. Went to the stealership for a valve cover vent tube ($8) and they had a set of 5 235x75/15s on polished aluminum wheels for $300. Bought them and sold the 235s (1 month old with Discount certs) on stock rims for $225. I'll never buy new, there's always someone on Craig's List with take offs.

If you unhook your swaybars they will rub offroad. On the road it depends on how worn you suspension is like everyone said.

Back