• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper controll arms

whatroad

NAXJA Forum User
I got a new lift kit and it didnt come with upper controll arms can i re use my lowers as my new uppers? I used the teraflex 4" system with a RE leaf pack.

No, the lowers are different and won't fit. You just use the stock uppers.

I know that they are longer. I need to kick my front axel foward a bit. my tires rub pretty hard at just 2" of up flex i am only runnig 32's and i have put on bushwacker flares so i cut the crap out of the fenders. what do i do next?

what backspacing are you running on your rims?

and its not that the arms are longer, its that they attach differently at the axle. look at the axle, and the difference between upper and lower control arm attachment points, thats why they won't work.

with trimming you can make almost any tire work with a small amount of lift, backspacing may have some reason why your still rubbing.

if you can find some anywhere, n-th degree mobility had about the cheapest upper adjustable arms out there...but they still looked good quality. they got bought out by someone though, so....

about $150 a pair, IIRC

whatroad said:
I know that they are longer. I need to kick my front axel foward a bit. my tires rub pretty hard at just 2" of up flex i am only runnig 32's and i have put on bushwacker flares so i cut the crap out of the fenders. what do i do next?

You hammer down the pinch seam at the back of the fender well flat, and you trim the edge as much as you need to clear. You really shouldn't have a problem with 32's.

JNickel101 said:
if you can find some anywhere, n-th degree mobility had about the cheapest upper adjustable arms out there...but they still looked good quality. they got bought out by someone though, so....

about $150 a pair, IIRC

They got bought out buy AEV and I would be REAL surprised if they were the same price once rebadged :)

Daystar makes from fairly cheap adjustables as well.

At 4" lift, your stock length control arms are correct and do not require them to be any longer. However, for added strength, I would recommend a good set of aftermarkets (RE, TnT, not Rusty's, etc).

Control Arm lengths with and without Drop Brackets:
http://yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html#arms

Jim www.yuccaman.com

balloo93 said:
They got bought out buy AEV and I would be REAL surprised if they were the same price once rebadged :)

Daystar makes from fairly cheap adjustables as well.

yeah, i was just thinking someone out there might have some Nth badged ones still laying around for sale :)

Back