• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hwy 18

Can't go up Bear Valley Road?

Thanks, Looks like Big Bear has a few inches of snow.
Wish I could go this weekend.

:rattle:

pottenger said:
Thanks, Looks like Big Bear has a few inches of snow.
Wish I could go this weekend.

:rattle:
Russ, have you ever had your rig in the dirt? I've never seen you out or pics of you out wheelin. Of course I've only been on one or two runs with NAXJA folks.

Just about done with the green 88.
I have to flex it out for shocks, and bump stops. Wire the Auburn lockers.
Ben is about done with his. Were thinking of doing Big Bear sometime before Christmas.

How you doing on yours John.

I was thinking that taking my white rig up to BB this time of year would be one cold ass endeavor, so, I obtained another XJ just to have for winter wheelin' up there. Well, that and it will be nice to have something a bit more street legal too!!!

:D

Jump This said:
I was thinking that taking my white rig up to BB this time of year would be one cold ass endeavor, so, I obtained another XJ just to have for winter wheelin' up there. Well, that and it will be nice to have something a bit more street legal too!!!

:D
Is gettin nippy for open junk. Doors and heaters are your best mod's this time of the year.
Hope most of your Winter Big Bear cabin projects are inside jobs.

:)

pottenger said:
Is gettin nippy for open junk. Doors and heaters are your best mod's this time of the year.
Hope most of your Winter Big Bear cabin projects are inside jobs.

:)

They are all inside work. But running a tile saw in 30*....sounds mighty cold to me!

pottenger said:
How you doing on yours John.
I need to beat out the dents I acquired at JV and put some plating on the doors. Other than that it is still trail ready. I won't be doing any wheeling though till I do some side jobs to get some gas money. I have the material for the plating but I hope to be spending my time earning extra money so it will be a while till I get that work done. I can still wheel in the mean time if I can come up with gas money.

hey everyone im new to california and id like to know where some good trails are. i went to the discovery center and they gave me some trails like 3n09 but i want some trails with more adventure. thanks

theres a number of fun ones in big bear, a ton of fun stuff in JV, and a crap load of stuff to do down south like truck haven etc just keep an eye out on here for runs and show up

So Hwy18 was closed and we took the 38 down from BB last night. Took me 4 1/2 hours to get down the hill. The roads were frozen over, cars in ditches everywhere. 5 major collisions & at points we were stopped for an hour at a time.
It snowed down to about 2500ft and was only 25* most of the way.
I was driving a 2wd Tundra with chains on the front wheels..... i saw so many rear wheel wheel drive vehicles with chains still on the rear, going down the hill. They would try and stop or turn and just slide off the road..... it was crazy!
I finally made it home to Lake Elsinore 6 hours after leaving BB.

Back