• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leak, passenger side floor wet!

XJedi23

NAXJA Forum User
I have a leak on the passenger side. It rained and the floor is wet! Took out the floor mat and its drenched! Could it be a clogged drain in the fresh air intake? Were is the drain?

Not likely the intake, but it is possible. That was my first guess when my '98 developed a passenger side water leak. Most likely a bad foam seal for the fan blower motor that pokes through the passenger firewall. Good fix is to just apply a silicon sealant around the fan/firewall mating surface, from inside the engine bay. That's how I fixed my problem.

Run search on "passenger water leak" and you'll find a bunch of post on how to fix it.....

Ivan

Ivan said:
Not likely the intake, but it is possible. That was my first guess when my '98 developed a passenger side water leak. Most likely a bad foam seal for the fan blower motor that pokes through the passenger firewall. Good fix is to just apply a silicon sealant around the fan/firewall mating surface, from inside the engine bay. That's how I fixed my problem.

Run search on "passenger water leak" and you'll find a bunch of post on how to fix it.....

Ivan

X2

I had the same leak.

Another place to look is along the "A" pillar on the body. There is supposed to be a fairly flat rubber seal there. Mine was missing and I got huge leaks on both front floors. Replaced and all is good now.

Nevada City Sparky said:
Another place to look is along the "A" pillar on the body. There is supposed to be a fairly flat rubber seal there. Mine was missing and I got huge leaks on both front floors. Replaced and all is good now.

X2. Mine is there, but leaking. A good hard rain thats blowing on that side of the Jeep, and i'll have a wet, musty jeep in the morning. You can verify this by having a friend spray where the door and the quater panel meet with a garden hose to see if any water comes in.

Hey XJedi23,
I had a similar problem in my '00 XJ. The problem could be a leak in the Heater Core Drain on the firewall. The best way to fix the problem is to have the firewall sealed around the heater core or the enitre firewall.

Ivan said:

Ivan

Old thread brought back.

Did you remove or loosen the blower motor to do this ? Or did you just seal it up while the blower motor was still in ?

Back