• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello to grizzly, aj, and everyone, locker??

xj2k

NAXJA Forum User
Hello to Grizzly, it was nice meeting you today. I am in North Central Mass. AJ made a bumper and some rocker guards for me. I'll post some pics when I get a minute. It's nice to find a group of guys interested in XJ's. I have a 2000 xj sport, RE 4 1/2" lift, SYE, BFG 32-11.5" MT's. My next move is going to be a rear locker. I know the best thing for my daily driver would be an arb but I'm not rich. I'm thinking a lock-rite but I don't really wheel my XJ alot so I don't know how much this will affect my on-road abilities. What do you guys think? When's the next wheeling outing?

Thanks!!
Mark (been away from wheeling too long)

xj2k,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the board. You'll find a great amount of information and some pretty nice guys here.

Glad you like AJ's stuff, he's planning to do a rear bumper/tire carrier for me as soon as he gets better.

I wouldn't worry about the road manners of the lock-rite. I have an EZ locker in mine and I'm very happy with it.
Every once in a while I'll get a loud clunk when the teeth lock or unlock, and if you get a little too crazy on the skinny pedal you'll end up sideways if it's slippery.

Very Liveable though, and you'll wonder why you didn't do it in the first place.

John

Welcome Mark,

Glad to see you made it on and it was great meeting you. Hope we can get together to do some wheeling once I get set up. Hope you enjoy this place as much as we do. Great bunch of girls and guys here with a lot of good info available. If anyone wants a sneak peek at his XJ, go to AJ's Offroad Armour and it's on the front page, upper right pic. He's done a very nice job on it.

Last edited:
For just a little more cash, I'd say throw a PowerTrax No-Slip in the rear. It's stronger, has better road manners and is still a lunchbox locker so you don't have to re-do your gears. I have a Lock-Rite in the front and a No-Slip in the rear and I can crawl over (or through) practically anything.

Back