• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how big of tires can i put on a jeep cherokee stock 15in rim?

get a 33-10.50...

I believe I am correct in saying it would not be recommended with a steel wheel though unless you stick with a 10.5 wide.

10.50's max width as mentioned above.You will see that you will have verylittle room between the rear leafs and the inside of the tire but it'll work....in the front you will need to adjust your steering stops to keep the tires off the lower control arms while turning tight also.I ran 34x10.50's on stock rims for a little while,it's tolerable.

I'm running 33x12.5x15 on stock Ecco rims with 1.25" spacers. I haven't adjusted my steering stops yet, but it only touches the control arm lightly on full lock.

In the pic below you can see how far they stick out underneath the stock fenders.

03122007010.jpg

03122007012.jpg

I ran 32x11.5 on stock 15x7 wheels for about a year and a half, with no problems. I would rub the lca at full lock, but i had relocated the brake line so it was nothing but noise that didn't bother me.

The wheels stuffed into the wheel well just right, didnt rub the rear leafs, never had a problem loosing beads even at 8 psi.

Like all the others said... It's going going to be close fitting them on there without rubbing the rear leafs. Why don't you just buy the tires and set them to the side while saving up for the rims?

i could do that..i just really want to put my lift on and dont want to keep the stock tires on it with the lift..

i will probably buy them anyways and try to find a good deal on rims

thanks for all the info everyone

Check out the Creger soft 8s. They are not expensive, $35 a wheel in Quadratec, I got Discount Tire to match the price. 4" back spacing and I went to a 8" rim for 32" tires. I don't know too much about tires and wheels but I was told it would be better for me to go to a wider wheel for the 32s. Good luck.

Back