• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much Lift from TJ springs

Bult4mud

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to put some 245x75-16 tires on my 2001 XJ
i was thinking of ordering the Rocky Road outtfitters 3" Kit but it is just spacers..
My friend has a set of Teraflex 3" TJ springs.

If i used the front 3" springs how much lift would my XJ get out of it.
then i can finda 3inch leaf pack for the rear... and clear my tires..

thanks
Jim

TJ springs are shorter than XJ springs by an 1.5". So you would only get like a 2" lift. Why not just buy spacers instead. Or you could just buy a lift for an XJ.

Here was my reasoning

My rear springs are sagging.

Im not sure if i want to go 31's or 33's or keep it stock
so i figured if i went cheep IE: Free front springs and minimal for the rear leaf packs i could see if i like the ride height at 3" and 31's
Instead of jumping to the OME kit and being out $700 when i go to the Tailgunner 5" springs in 8 months if i hate being on 3" or get inchitus...

also figured that if it was cheep and i hated it i wouldnt be mad when i went back to stock for the MPG...

this thing is my DD but i am used to driving a Tj on 35" swampers so 225x70's seem small

thanks for the reply sorry for the long answer

need help

hey im new here and i was wondering how do i post things? cause i paid for a year membership but i still dont know how to post. thanks hope to here from you soon.

-joey

Re: need help

redneck1939 said:
hey im new here and i was wondering how do i post things? cause i paid for a year membership but i still dont know how to post. thanks hope to here from you soon.

-joey

well buds, expect to be patted on the back for joining so quickly, very smiled upon here.

as for posting, what would you like to post? if you mean in certain areas, it may take a bit for the mods to get your info, and give you permission to access the rest of the site.

don't worry, its worth the wait.

to post pictures type:

So if you right clicked a Picture, copied location of image, and pasted it between
It would be viewable on the forums. If you have pic's on your PC, you can go to tinypic.com to upload them.

oh and stay away from Rocky Road Outfitters....

Back