• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

next TSF run ?

mojojojo said:
lets discuss....

i vote 2nd or 3rd weekend in January. lets all get thru the holidays and then go get some wheelin done!

:cheers:

YAY! TSF Run:party: I'll try and be there.

I'm goin up this weekend to check out the trails, see what kind of repairs might need to be done or if its mostly just tree removal. heard ODF yesterday on their radios talking about damages up in the vicinity being pretty bad with a number of trees down on roads that are usually open.

Woo! A run I'll be able to make it to!

Personally, I think it would be kinda cool to go down to TSF and help ODF clean it up down there. Wheel, and help clean up our frequent wheelin spot from the storm.

XJ_Owner said:
ok once again can someone please tell me where TSF is at please *sigh*

off hwy 6. bout 60 miles from Portland. half way between hillsboro and Tillimook.

ODF sent out a email the other day saying they would spend the rest of the week checking out the damage from the storms. From what i've seen from past experience, they don't usually organize work party's till spring. they just close down the trails for the winter when they are severely damaged. it is probably to difficult to get heavy equipment up there in 3+ ft of snow. downed trees and such are usually removed by clubs that can access the trails in cooperation with ODF. we can certainly do our part while we're there, assuming they havn't closed the trails needing minor repairs.

here is a copy of the email:

Hi Everyone,
I'm sure you're all wondering how the Tillamook State Forest faired over the last few days and how your favorite trails and campsites are doing. I don't have any answers to those questions today as we are just beginning to assess the storm damage to roads, trails, and campgrounds forest-wide.
In the coming weeks, I will update you as information comes in about road, trail and facility conditions. We will also be posting this information on the Tillamook State Forest website. If you just can't wait and are thinking about heading up to the woods to check things out for yourself, I encourage you to call ahead to either the Forest Grove District (503.357.2191) or Tillamook District (503.842.2545) and get the latest updates on forest road conditions before you head out.
Thanks for your support and as always, if you have any questions, concerns, or updates - feel free to give me a call.
Stephanie A. Beall
Recreation Coordinator
Oregon Department of Forestry
801 Gales Creek Road
Forest Grove, OR 97116
[email protected]
http://oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/tillamook_story.shtml

I would like to recommend the 3rd weekend in January. So I may attend.

CES the 7th, so I won't be able to make it the weekend before. There is some other education shin dig the week after..

No worries if that doesn't work, there is always a couple people willing to wheel at the drop of a hat.

Besides.. After chrismas.. I need a couple weeks to rebuild the funds... The older my kids get the more expensive the gifts are...

the 5th is too dang close to the holidays for me. i still need some time to get the rig back to 100% again. with my kids coming home next week, time will be much harder to come by.

i am only down for a day run on this one unless i have a sitter for the girls. we will see....

Back