• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME lift concerns.

Mike H.

NAXJA Forum User
shop told me i was getting 3" medium duty leafs.
installed, they were lower than the front end of the rig, which sits at 2".
I had the shop add 1" longer shackles (that i had lying around) and went on my way.
The rig just plain looks low in the back.
So, I dug out my tape and did both the dirty measure, and the easy measure tricks.
I've got betwwen 1.5 and 1.75" lift in the rear, and that includes my 1" longer shackles (which would net an addition 0.5" over the leaf alone).

So, I dig out the receipt, and, part number is cs035rb?
Anyone know exactly what that leaf is meant to be?

Mike H. said:
shop told me i was getting 3" medium duty leafs......
So, I dig out the receipt, and, part number is cs035rb?
Anyone know exactly what that leaf is meant to be?
Sounds like you answered your own question. How 'bout Google? First hit:
"Jeep Cherokee 84-01 Rear Medium 76MM lift CS035RB #338"

76mm is 3" in case you're unsure.

honestly dude, i have never heard of the "medium" 3 inch lift....theres a light, medium and heavy...the light is probably 1", medium is 2" and heavy is 3"

with that said, i have the mediums w/ a 1" boomerang, and i sat at about 3.5-3.75" in the rear....

You can buy full leafs from OME made to add to their packs. I have two in each of mine and I love it! 50 bucks a pair. ARB is OME in the US so call them and get it all from the horses mouth. They have great tec support.
http://www.arbusa.com/contact_us.php

I have an OME broshure and it lists a light and medium spring in both an A and B. The CS035RB is probably the spring that will give you the lowest lift. The medium duty springs have a softer, thus lower initial spring rate than the light duty springs (CS034RA/B), but they have an overload spring.

If you wanted the 3" lift you needed to get the CS034RA springs and you can add extra leafs to this pack to even give you more. I'm currently sitting on 6" in the rear with this pack, but included in that 6" lift is a 1.5" lift boomerang shackle.

ok.
I called arb and talked to a tech.
cs035rb is a 1.5" spring (4 leafs with an overload spring) soft ride unit that they rarely sell or recommend.
cs035ra is a 2.5" spring (4 leafs with an overload spring) soft ride unit that they sell as a 2" lift.
cs034ra is a 3" spring (5 leafs, no overload) medium ride unit that is quite popular.

Guess the shop ordered the wrong spring pack... guess I'll go see what they have to say.

I believe this is a medium lift
DSCN3797.jpg

Gorman, Stump - you are both running 7 leafs per pack?

I thought about adding the extra leafs to mine, but I think I want to get the 3" pack first and add the AALs to that one....

Thoughts?

Mike H. said:
ok.
I called arb and talked to a tech.
cs035rb is a 1.5" spring (4 leafs with an overload spring) soft ride unit that they rarely sell or recommend.
cs035ra is a 2.5" spring (4 leafs with an overload spring) soft ride unit that they sell as a 2" lift.
cs034ra is a 3" spring (5 leafs, no overload) medium ride unit that is quite popular.

Guess the shop ordered the wrong spring pack... guess I'll go see what they have to say.

WOW dude, yeah, they screwed up there....hopefully they sort that out for you. Did you get the 3" "ZJ" coils for the front?

up front i've been running the ome 930 coils (2") and a 3/4" spacer.

just got back from the shop... ome changed all their part numbers not that long ago, seems the online data base differs from the shop/jobber cataloge, which is different yet again from what arb told me.
shop is in contact with techs at arb who seem a little stump'd as well.
they are trying to figure out what they sent me, vs what was ordered vs what i asked for.
rather a bit of confusion, and, sadly, no one seems to be confident in exactly what took place.
shop say techs are looking into making things right, to get me the ride height and ride characterictics i asked for.
i'll keep you posted.
in the meantime, here's a picture of how it sits 'with' a 1/2" lift shackle (1" longer than stock) installed... definatly does not sit like "boatwrench's" does.
http://members.cox.net/huddy31/beepss1sideview.jpg

i'll keep you posted on progress.

those 31s? You have a nice lookin XJ!

Thanks!
yes, 31x9.5 TSL radials.
rig also has 4.56's, truetracs, c-rok rear bumper, c4x4f rails and hooks, skids, sye bla bla bla... and is a 5spd.

JNickel101 said:
Gorman, Stump - you are both running 7 leafs per pack?

I thought about adding the extra leafs to mine, but I think I want to get the 3" pack first and add the AALs to that one....

Thoughts?

Yes, well I actually have an 8 leaf pack as I've also had a short bottom spring added. You'll notice the very bottom leaf on an OME pack is quite long. I flexed mine severely without the right bumpstops and permanently bent it. I took the packs to a local spring manufacturing company and they made the the two long ones (2nd and 3rd from the top) as well as the shorter one to give extra support to the lower one.

With all these leafs one would expect the ride to be very harsh, but it's not. It also still flexes very nicely. I quess with the OME packs being relatively flat arched packs compared to RE for example, they retain a nice ride and flex even with extra leafs.

29102007208.jpg

shop heard back from the supplier/jobber...
guess they don't know what or why, but have already sent 2 extra leafs that they believe will remedy the situation... if that does not work they will fire off a new leaf pack.
i requested that if what shows up are thick short "add-a-leafs" to simply return them as I would not be interested in such a fix.
shop assured me that a thick leaf would not be an acceptable "fix" from thier end either.
So, shop and I are on the same page, and, ARB/OME want to make things right. That makes me happy.
No one ever wants things to go "funny", but, to be looked after when they do sure is nice.
Let you know next week what arrives, and how it works out...

Mike, the part numbers to look out for when the extra leafs arrive are the following: JCXL (old OME part number) or D22XL (new OME part number). Both of these are the same, just different numbers so they should do the trick to get the rear of you XJ up a bit.

Yep, ARB owns the OME name :)

Mike, the OME add-a-leafs are made with the same thickness and arch as their spring packs. They'll compliment the pack very nicely and wont raise your spring rate much - I'll be getting some from Dirk at DPGOffroad when I get back from the sandbox...

gorman said:
Yes, well I actually have an 8 leaf pack as I've also had a short bottom spring added. You'll notice the very bottom leaf on an OME pack is quite long. I flexed mine severely without the right bumpstops and permanently bent it. I took the packs to a local spring manufacturing company and they made the the two long ones (2nd and 3rd from the top) as well as the shorter one to give extra support to the lower one.

With all these leafs one would expect the ride to be very harsh, but it's not. It also still flexes very nicely. I quess with the OME packs being relatively flat arched packs compared to RE for example, they retain a nice ride and flex even with extra leafs.

Nice! How much lift did that net you?

JNickel101 said:
Nice! How much lift did that net you?
I run with 2 add a leafs. It's a great with 35's because it's stiff enough to keep you off the bumpstops and with the pins removed from the leaf clamps the leaves can fan out and droop really well. It's not the cheapest or tall way to go but you will get the silky OME ride and still not have to jack it up high for clearance. Also if ride and offroad performance is your only goal then you only want to lift it as high as you have too. This will net a slightly higher front than rear. Float like a buterfly and hookup and climb like a tractor. Did you mention what front coil you are running?

I'd like to run the "ZJ" 3" coils up front, plus an ACOS...

Total, i'd like to have 4 or so inches of lift...maybe a bit more....but right now, I'd like to stick with JKS adjustable control arms...so I dont want to go too high....

Last edited:
Back