• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water pump dimensions

furrymcmonst

NAXJA Forum User
I want to purchase a new water pump and was looking at the NAPA site. They list some pumps with various dimensions. (I would think that when I chose the vehicle and engine size from the drop down menu that some of these would be excluded.)

Water Pump - New
TFW 42002 $50.89
w/ 3.72" Hub Height & 2.65" O.D. Hub TFW 42004 $39.49
w/ 2.31" Hub Height & 3.30" O.D. Hub NWP 553412 $41.49
w/ 2.31" Hub Height & 3.30" O.D. Hub NWP 553413 $61.49
w/ 3.72" Hub Height & 2.65" O.D. Hub BA 1312133 $86.49

I assume O.D. means outside diameter (which I can measure) but I'm not familiar with "hub". Does anyone know which of these would be stock for a 1990, 4.0L, w/AC, w/PS?

No replies on this so I just went to NAPA and took what they gave me. I haven't started the project yet (awaiting the new radiator) so I can't compare what they gave me to what I have.

The FSM says that the water pump should have a "R" on the impeller and "REV" stamped on the body. Is this true for aftermarket pumps as I don't see it on the new one? (It does seem to match the diagram in the FSM, though.)

furrymcmonst said:
No replies on this so I just went to NAPA and took what they gave me. I haven't started the project yet (awaiting the new radiator) so I can't compare what they gave me to what I have.

The FSM says that the water pump should have a "R" on the impeller and "REV" stamped on the body. Is this true for aftermarket pumps as I don't see it on the new one? (It does seem to match the diagram in the FSM, though.)

That's true, it should at least have an R on the impeller.

also, the height measurement they refer to is from the gasket surface on the pump body to the front side of the hub(the surface that the wp pulley will mount against).

Back