• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'00 xj part number request. CPS - high altitude

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
My book lists the crankshaft position sensor on a '00 XJ as: 56027866AE

Does anyone know if there's a high altitude sensor for that year?
And if so, what's the part number?

4.0L flavor :thumbup:

Thanks,

-cp

someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the high altitude MAP is available for the renix guys not for the later obd2 chryco setup. This is a popular option with the renix group but not so much your 2000

Last edited:
keep0njeepin0n said:
Is there such a thing? I wouldn't think so. Why would they make sensors like that for different altitudes?? Especially the Crank pos. sensor!!
not sure what year jeep you have but this is very common.....search and you shall see

Well, I have a 99, but I was more or less asking if such a thing existed, and apparently it does. I guess I just don't understand why THAT particualr sensor would matter in higher altitude. I mean i could understand them having some other sensors for high altitude, but not the CPS. If you could explain, that'd be good. If not, that's fine too, becuase it doesn't really apply to me anyways!

I think he actually meant to say the map sensor just caught that he had the CPS in there...

keep0njeepin0n said:
That's more of what I was thinking....I could see there being a different MAP sensor, but CPS?? I don't see it.

Well, not that this is the case for Jeeps, but at higher altitude you can run more ignition advance than at sea level. So a CPS type sensor that is moved to add a couple degrees is an easy way to gain timing across the board without making software changes to the ECU.

So. reconsider your statement.

ChicksDigWagons said:
Well, not that this is the case for Jeeps, but at higher altitude you can run more ignition advance than at sea level. So a CPS type sensor that is moved to add a couple degrees is an easy way to gain timing across the board without making software changes to the ECU.

So. reconsider your statement.

Did I say it was wrong or impossible??? NO! I didn't. In fact, if you read my original statement, I ASKED if there was such a thing! Never once did I state that they were wrong or that they didn't know what they were talking about. I just didn't understand.

goodburbon said:
"...OBD II vehicles only have one available CPS"

This was what I was looking for. :thumbup:

I knew that I had purchased a high altitude version for my '88 XJ.

However, it appears as if no such thing exists for the '00 model - due to the fact that it is OBD II.

===

and by the way, I was talking about the CPS, not the map sensor.

Back