• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Block Brackets and APN Headers

CommandoXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
I have the APN headers installed on my 96 4.0 (like them alot) and I was considering getting the bombproof block engine brackets to help prevent any damage to the bosses on my block (as I beat the jeep fairly hard and go through rubber motor mounts fairly quickly I thought it wasnt a bad idea) but it says they dont work with aftermarket headers.... Does anyone know if the APN headers work with these:
http://www.mountainoffroad.com/catalog/BombProof MM/BBXJ9196-099.jpg

im thinking if anybody else has done it then i could... or maybe with just some grinding on the brackets it could be made to work alright??

How about approaching M.O.R.E. to negotiate a deal.

Offer them up to date information on the compatibility of their block brackets with the APN (and similar Banks) header.

You supply M.O.R.E. with photos of the installation (or problem) in exchange for them supplying you the brackets with a 1-month money back guarantee.

They may be losing potential sales for this product because they don't have important information that their customer's need.

I would say no they will not fit, the APN follows the same lines as the Banks, and that for sure did not work. I ended up using a pacesetter header with my MORE set-up, the interference around the collector so the aftermarket header would have to follow very closely the stock header at the collector. I have a pic of the clearances with the stock header, I have also heard that the gibson headers work with it but have no experience with them yet. I will look around for that pic for you to reference.
Chris

edit: here you go, good luck:
DSCN0937.jpg

Back