• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lights in Stock CD Player

DurtySpeed

NAXJA Forum User
Heres what I got: I have been a member for a little bit, just haven't done much posting... But this time I couldn't find my help in a search, so...

I have a 98 Limited. It has the stock cd/tape player. I like the low key look so I want to stay stock plus is sounds just fine... The problem I have is that the lights that light up the buttons and such aren't working anymore... At first, it was just right side, now it is the left side also... The lcd screen works and everything else works great, it is just this one problem... Is it possible to change the little bulbs in there? I can get to where I can see them, but I can't figure out how to get them out or where I would even get new ones...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... It is really annoying at night having to turn on the interior lights just to see the buttons. And since most of my driving is at night when I go back to Atlanta from Fort Jackson, I would really like it to work.

Army Pride.

Pretty sure those are little LEDs in there, and the only way to repair them would be to solder new ones in there - a daunting task at best, as the manufacturing tolerances on those little tiny circuit boards are a lot tighter than I can solder.

Best bet, unfortunately, is to get a replacement, if it bothers you. One option would be to look into Nakamichi CD players. They're aftermarket units, so they have a lot of the nice features a stock CD player is lacking (pre-amp outputs, auxillary inputs, better onboard amplifier, etc.), but look very stock.

Here's what a Nakamichi CD-700 looks like:
cd700_main.jpg

Id save the headache from soldering leds back in, and just replace the stock cd/tape deck with another cd/tape deck. People are always getting rid og them, since most go aftermarket.

ebay would be your best friend in locating a stock takeout.
FWIW, my dad's town and country has the exact same head unit, so you can expand your search for 96-00 chrysler minivans.

Back