• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 Cherokee navigation screen

Snottus

NAXJA Forum User
Heya,

On my '99 cherokee, there is no navigation unit installed. I bought a TomTom plug'n'play navi-unit a couple of years back, which has worked perfectly, however, now I want to see if there are other options available.

Here is what I would like to do: I would like to remove the entire section where my cd-player and temperature-adjustment is located, and then install a fairly big navigation-screen instead, one that you can adjust the temperature with, as well as operate music and map/navigation.

However, since my car was delivered without the navigation screen, is it possible to install one? And where can I get hold of one?

As far as I know, the XJ was never offered with a system like that, at least in the States.

Quick question, why? I hate almost all the new computer style heater/ac/radio systems. Id much prefer the older style switches.

if you seach there is someone who has fiberglassed the opening to a double din and did not touch the climate controls. Looks completely factory with a double din dvd/gps/whatever else unit.

Ooh, some guy over at jeepforum.com gave me the following links:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-computer.html

or

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...a-install.html

These two instalations looks great. Why I wanna do it? Well, I really like my TomTom, but I never much liked having it attached to my windshield, so I am looking for options. Now that I've got'n used to having GPS in my car, I never want a car without one.

Also, I prefer my car as clean as can be, and a large navi-display with a garage-door infront of it (to hide it from would-be thieves), is something I've always wanted in my Cherokee.

that install of the screen is the cleanest i have ever seen. too bad i would completley trash something like that on the first trip. lol or even before.

Back