• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What tire???

kyfreeride04

NAXJA Forum User
Right now i'm running 31x10.5 BigO X/t. And so far i'm pleased with them off road, but not on. They're almost bald and i've had them for about 30,000 miles. I do a lot of on road driving though, but i regularly rotate them every 5,000 miles.

I'm looking for a tire that can accommodate on road and off road with good performance on the trail. I've been looking at the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw's. I hear they're pretty good off road but what is the on road like? I may have to get an A/T though. So any suggestions?

88trailcrawler said:
: If you have a good winch haha.

I have personally found m/ts work great on and off road as well as in the snow (it doesn't leave the ground till beginning of march)
I have been through a few brand mudders found some better than others, had them all siped.

I've got baja claws (33x12.5s) and although they're amazing offroad they dont last long if you dd them. I think ive only put like 8k, if that, on them and they're already down to like 25-30% left. Loud as hell too, but i like that. If your looking for a good mud terrain tire go with BFG M/T KM or be like me and wait till they come out with the KM2 in the correct size (35x12.5x15:D)

I HATE BFG A/Ts loud old technology. My procomp mudders were just a quite and lasted just as long.

The baja claws are very soft and wear out fast. Off-road performance is great but they are not a good choice if you are going to DD it. Check out the baja MTZ's, they have the same side and outer lug pattern as the claws but they were specifically designed to work well on the road. They are about as aggresive as a typical MT and they are siped which helps in the wet, snow, and ice. I have had a set on mine for about 3 months now and I am very pleased with the on and off road performance so far. I DD mine a few days a week 30 miles each way.

I'm running 31x10.5 Cooper Discoverer XT. These have made me happy off-road so far, and though they are on my DD I don't drive very much/fast. They are smooth and not very noisy. The ones I have seen on other trucks around town are often warn, but fairly popular in the area.

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo, I love them and they do great offroad in the snow and ice. They are great road tires to. I think they are better than BFG A/T's and I have aother cherokee with brand new BFG A/T's to compare it to.

Well I go back home from school about once a month which is 100 highway miles. I was talking to somebody the other day and he said to go with the radial baja claws which will last a lot longer. Is this true?

jeepboy381 said:
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo, I love them and they do great offroad in the snow and ice. They are great road tires to. I think they are better than BFG A/T's and I have aother cherokee with brand new BFG A/T's to compare it to.

X2 Revos are better than BFG AT's IMO. I've compared both on the same vehicle and the Revos lasted longer and gave better traction.

BFG makes the best damn tires period!! :peace:

I have Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's (33/12.5) and love them, they are great both on and off road

I have used BFG AT's and I personaly think they suck

Back