• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas came early!

Blkxjkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Well, actually I went looking for it on my lunch break, and found this....
DSC_0033.jpg

Big Shout out to the guys at Winchline.com. they're locally based out of Ferndale. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and some great products.
Now, I have to go build a bumper
-Ryan

Nice!

Are you really going to build a bumper? Post the build up.

I scored this over the weekend.

100_1212.jpg

Luckily, my X-Boss, now friend, wife's sister, works at warn and got me a swinging deal.

I am going to adjust my current hickstick front bumper for the short term, and begin building a custom after christmas.

I don't like powerplants. If your air compressor fails, you have to take your winch off? That makes about as much sense as having to take your doors off if your tire goes flat.

Oh and then there's always...

TOO BIG. LOOK AT ME IM BIG. TAKE THAT RADIATOR! NO AIRFLOW FOR YOU!

WheelinJR said:
I don't like powerplants. If your air compressor fails, you have to take your winch off? That makes about as much sense as having to take your doors off if your tire goes flat.

Oh and then there's always...

TOO BIG. LOOK AT ME IM BIG. TAKE THAT RADIATOR! NO AIRFLOW FOR YOU!

LOL JR. You should talk to Dr Phil... I think he has a solution for winch envy :rattle:

I am stoked, I looked at a lot of winches and on board air solutions. It Rocks!

90exjay said:
Here is another present Ryan, that video i promised. I am having trouble emailing it to you so i figured i would just post it.
Sean

Thanks Sean, she'll get a kick out of seeing that.

My personal fave is the rear bumper cap. Once again more body trim barely hanging onto my rig. It makes me think of all the fun times with my TJ flares or my antenna:pirate1:
-Ryan

Ryan,
SWEET!!! VERY NICE!!!

Glue/Tape,
Very Nice! Nothing wrong with a big a$$ Warn. My winch is much larger and I don't have any issues with air flow to the radiator. My guess is that it will serve you well and probably much longer than the unibody of the XJ :cheers:

Sean,
Great video!! Thanks for posting. We need a womens run again soon!!

Michael

Sweet Winch.... Great Son who knows how to wield a stick welder..... Better yet Sweet Wife who is 4x4 capable... Face it Ryan you've got it all. Defenitely a great holiday season! :party:

Metal Thrasher said:
Sweet Winch.... Great Son who knows how to wield a stick welder..... Better yet Sweet Wife who is 4x4 capable... Face it Ryan you've got it all. Defenitely a great holiday season! :party:

Thanks Tracey.
Has anyone seen my soul, or the little red guy who bought it?:firedevil

alexer03 said:
wanna test it out real soon... im sure i can get stuck if need be :shhh:

-alex

Sure, I'll just snap the big yellow hook to your track bar and you'll be out in no time!:viking:
-Ryan

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Superwinch sucks ass, there's a reason everyone runs a Warn. Ask me, I know. Hopefully they did away with their random "I'm a piece of crap winch that doesn't want to work when needed but I work just fine once your out or in the driveway on the way to wheel" problem.

Or then entire aluminum case, that's my favorite! I have a broken motor mount and solenoid cover.

I should shut my mouth, I just bought a second superwinch yesterday for parts to make one good one.

Congrats :)

Back