• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Switches

Bouchie836

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have four auxilary switches that I need to mount but I want them somewhere on the center console, but I dont know where I should put them? If you have any pictures of advise it would be awsome!

Thanks
Andrew

funny this is the project I am working on right now while I sit on the couch.
I made a plate out of aluminum stock for the switches and am going to cut out a section of the center consol (where the change holder is) in-between the e brake and my shift boot.

HPIM0756.jpg

This was in my old XJ. The empty hole was going to be for an air pressure gauge, but I never got around to installing it. I had a different panel in there before with 4 switches instead of the air pressure gauge hole. Trans temp gauge on the left.

Whay year?It makes a ton of difference!

All those are better then dangling under the dash! Must get on this project. I'm thinking the one under the break lever for my 00.

WheelinJR said:
Before I straightened them up.

lightbar2.jpg

mmhh....now you got me questioning myself, but i don't feel like going out to my XJ. isn't that where the heater vent should be???

that's pretty cool. got a writeup or pics of what you did with the vent and the wire routing???

i cut out three holes in the cigarette ash tray and pushed my switches through there. all the wiringis kept inside the ash tray and there is already a pre-drilled hole in the lower dash right next to this. i used to have mine dangling from under the dash until i kicked them about 3 times and got pissed off with them.

Back