• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Deal on Replacement NSS ???

Bill-93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, Does anyone know of a better deal than this:

http://216.71.117.16/catalog/page151.html

WTF is this part so high priced anyway? I am still on my factory switch which was new in 1993. Took it apart and cleaned it once, but the reverse lights quit working a while back... time to bite the bullet and spend... looking for the best deal... Thanks everyone !!

If you can still start it in Park and Neutral, and it doesn't start in any other position, chances are your NSS is still OK.

If your reverse lights don't work and your Power/Comfort switch on the dash doesn't make any marked difference when you click it, it's the fuse.

Under the dash, marked TRANS should fix your problem and save you a wad of cash.

Thanks anyway dude for the suggestions, but.....

1993 4.0L with AW-4 had NO Power/Comfort switch (mine did not anyway). This has happened before and I took the switch apart, cleaned it and it worked for about 3 years or so until this latest bout. The backup lights are controlled by this switch also (someone help me out here if my thinking is wrong). I am thinking of making a pushbutton jumper to get by for a while, but I would like to have the reverse lights working as they should.....

I know the newer NSS can adjusted. The large nut holds it on the shaft and the small bolt allows for adjustment. With the engine off, parking brake set, put the transmission in reverse. Loosen the small bolt and twist the whole NSS until the backup lights come on. Tighten the small down. Check that the XJ only will start in Park and Neutral. Done.

Back