• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bushwacker flare question

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
wanna put em on my 89' i trimmed away the mounting area for the rear fender flares so now it's pretyt much just the rear panel part but can bushwacker fender flares still be mounted here? also in my front i cut the front of the fender flush with the headlight bezel, will they work up there too? can ic ut away the mounting area for the stock front flares too?

If you look closely, you can see most of the holes from my bushwackers.

jeeps131.jpg

Mopar It said:
wanna put em on my 89' i trimmed away the mounting area for the rear fender flares so now it's pretyt much just the rear panel part but can bushwacker fender flares still be mounted here? also in my front i cut the front of the fender flush with the headlight bezel, will they work up there too? can ic ut away the mounting area for the stock front flares too?
You actually have to cut the fender flush with the headlight bezel so you are ok there. If you go to bushwackers website you can download a PDF of their instructions which show you exactly where to cut. The bolts mount pretty high though as you can see in the above pic.

What is the plastic piece for behind the rear doors? I've seen that piece before, it comes with the Bushwacker kit I believe.....but I'm not sure what it is for?

It's a trim piece that is supposed to help stop your passengers getting dirty or cutting themselves on sheet metal when they get in or out.

I got them free, I can't charge.

I'm still debating on if I'll use them or not.

Since I'm still using stock wheels........

And I plan to go to 33's down the road.....

It would be an excuse to use them later on.

I suppose I might keep them in my attic until then? I think they might look funny with stock wheels with the tires not sticking out further then the fenders themselves!

I have a set , and still have not installed the rears! fronts were a snap, no prob. Having some real trouble getting my head around the rear install? Blaine, what part of Indiana are you? maybe we can meet up, help each other out?

Well if you change your mind and don't want them, I wouldn't mind offering you something for them, turn a little profit for yourself.

Back