• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just fabbed tail light brush guards, What do you think?

JonnyRebXJ

NAXJA Forum User
New to the forum and new to fabricating. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on my first project!
S5001008.jpg

S5001009.jpg

fab looks good, and by the looks of the bumper, not a moment too soon.

Sweet fab work. Looks as good or better then anything you could buy. Probably a LOT tougher.

Might want to work on rounded corners on the next project. You might live to regret the sharp corners there. (No, I wouldn't re-do those)

Headliners don't stand a chance in columbia, haha... hot as ish.. my grandma lives in Congaree

Yeah, I've only had the jeep for a few months and it wasn't in the best of shape when I got it. The next major project is going to be fabbing up some floor boards. It had been driven up north by the previous owner and they're pretty good and rusted out. It's a '96 and I did a custom '97 front grill fab, but I want to re do it as the plasic has cracked a little.
S5000898.jpg

JonnyRebXJ said:
Yeah, I've only had the jeep for a few months and it wasn't in the best of shape when I got it. The next major project is going to be fabbing up some floor boards. It had been driven up north by the previous owner and they're pretty good and rusted out. It's a '96 and I did a custom '97 front grill fab, but I want to re do it as the plasic has cracked a little.
S5000898.jpg
Huh, that's somewhat of a new take on a 97+ front end. Not half bad fab work for a beginner at all I'd say. I can't fab at all so you're definitely ahead of me. Looks good man.

Have you stood back and given them a good kick or two to see if they really work?

Function and form is a good combo.

TNT said:
Have you stood back and given them a good kick or two to see if they really work?

Function and form is a good combo.
Yeah, I think if I got hit from behind those would be the only things not jacked up... that is until I fab a rear bumper! The reason I didn't round off the edges, is because I wanted to follow the lines of the tail lights and the rest of the XJ.

I bought the steel from Home Depot and Lowes, but if I can get a better price from a local metal shop I might make some more if someone else wants some. The biggest thing is I need to figure out what my cost would be so I'd know what to charge.

Looks good however, it looks like you need to make them for your bumper endcaps rather than your tail lights.:D

Hale

I may steal... er... borrow your idea for my MJ.
Hope you don't mind :D

Mind posting a pic of how its mounted?

Hmmm....

Road tires.
No lift.
No hooks.
Trailer wires dangling.

good thing you built those.....the shopping carts can be a bitch.

Rev

Nice fab however.

Rev Den said:
Hmmm....

Road tires.
No lift.
No hooks.
Trailer wires dangling.

Rev

Nice fab however.

NO SHIT! One tried to attack me the other day!

Rev Den said:
Hmmm....

Road tires.
No lift.
No hooks.
Trailer wires dangling.

Rev

Nice fab however.

Well when you're on a limited (to say the least) budget, you have to start very small. I'm a pretty good sales man, but I don't think my wife would buy the "Honey, having a lift and mud terrains would make it a much more efficient ride to work." line... Especially when she's at home with our 4 month old daughter... TRUST ME, I've tried! But, if any fellow broke husbands out there have a valid point, I'd love to hear some suggestions.

Looks good. As for selling the wife on mods, you need to take your wife out on a trail ride and get stuck. Then you tell her, "if I had _____, this wouldn't have happened."

That's how I got permission to upgrade from 31" all terrains. :)

Back