• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 in lift question

muddyxj84

NAXJA Forum User
i got a 4.5 in lift on my xj and was wondering. if a drop pitman arm and adj. track bar would help correct front end alignment.

Thanks
Josh

track bar-----------yes
drop pitman---------no

my xj doesnt pull or anything but i noticed that the insides of my tires are wearing, so i figure it was time to do something about it. wasnt sure if track bar or a drop pitman arm would correct the angles.

i finished my install a little bit ago but didnt get it aligned yet. my xj isnt my daily driver so i wasnt worried but getting aligned right away. i wasnt sure if a track bar would be good thing to put on before i get it aligned. and i use the RC control arms that came w/ my kit. plz dont flame me for using RC

well if the trac bar came with the kit id put it on, when you get your alignment done they should adjust it for you and fix your camber/caster and this should keep your tires from wearing unevenly.

how long has the lift been on?

The more you lift the more toe in you'll get once the lift is installed. I just use a couple of pieces of alum. angle 2 foot long, bungee to the tire evenly and use a tape measure to bring the front end back to 0 to 1/8 toe in.

my kit didnt come w/ a new trac bar just a new steering stabilizer. i was running my stock 235s for a while and noticed some wear in the inside. i just got new rims and 32s so i want to get everything fixed in the front end over the winter before i start driving it more.

if your still running the stock trac bar your axle will be a few inches off, buy a adjustable one, tnt, rubicon express, black diamond, or kevins offroad all make good ones.

Back