• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice on measuring carrier?

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
I need some advice on the most accurate way of getting the measurement of "A" on a carrier I just pulled out.

carrier%20spec.jpg

I've got a digital caliper and my first thought was to set the carrier on a desk (or something) so that, if the ring gear was still in place, the teeth would be pointing up. Then use the depth gauge portion of the caliper to find the measurement, but I'm getting quite a bit of variation (up to ~0.15"). Anybody got any ideas?

Oh yeah, and the case I'm measuring is a 706400x in case any of you have the ability to look it up.

Thanks!
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
I need some advice on the most accurate way of getting the measurement of "A" on a carrier I just pulled out.

carrier%20spec.jpg

I've got a digital caliper and my first thought was to set the carrier on a desk (or something) so that, if the ring gear was still in place, the teeth would be pointing up. Then use the depth gauge portion of the caliper to find the measurement, but I'm getting quite a bit of variation (up to ~0.15"). Anybody got any ideas?

Oh yeah, and the case I'm measuring is a 706400x in case any of you have the ability to look it up.

Thanks!
Billy
Sounds about right to me. I'd just take a crap load all the way around and average them out.

Back