• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who put LED lights in their interior??

tclapp_88

NAXJA Forum User
i was subscribed to the thread about it. the guy had a 97+ xj and it was red i think. anyway he had LED lights in the interior. i had looked and looked for that thread. but i think it was all lost during the great server crash of '07. i was wanting to know what lights you ordered and where you go them from. or anyone that has done this for that matter i would like the info. i have a 96 xj. thanks.

p.s. move this if its in the wrong forum...i wasn't sure what it would be under. thanks.

I put them in the kick panels of my wrangler and in the guages on a 90 YJ. The only problem was the leds were a bit of the a dark shade of blue. Its kinda hard to read the guages with the top off and you're in an area with street light or its still light out side. In complete darkness you can see them fine. I have bright white lights in the kick panels of my Cherokee. They're nice the only problem is you can't dim them, if you put the dimmer too low they don't light up at all.

One day I'll get around to experimenting and getting the right leds for the instrument cluster on my XJ. A medium shade of orange. I just need to make sure they're bright enough to light the guages up better. I'd recommand using leds because they use less power and last longer.

I got mine off ebay BTW.

Doug

SPVFD47 said:
I put them in the kick panels of my wrangler and in the guages on a 90 YJ. The only problem was the leds were a bit of the a dark shade of blue. Its kinda hard to read the guages with the top off and you're in an area with street light or its still light out side. In complete darkness you can see them fine. I have bright white lights in the kick panels of my Cherokee. They're nice the only problem is you can't dim them, if you put the dimmer too low they don't light up at all.

One day I'll get around to experimenting and getting the right leds for the instrument cluster on my XJ. A medium shade of orange. I just need to make sure they're bright enough to light the guages up better. I'd recommand using leds because they use less power and last longer.

I got mine off ebay BTW.

Doug

thats wierd mine light up well, and dim still works

h2opete987 said:
the search button doesn't like 3 character searches (LED). add an asterik (LED*) and it should work.

oh i didnt know that thanks.

Back