• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Ride Height Question

tyspier

NAXJA Forum User
Since my other thread was deleted, let me retry this in a more 'tech question' way...

Would a 1" shackle help to bring the back of my Jeep up to level with the front or do I need new 4.5" lift leafs?

l_9129dac19aced8163e5f5f7c2cd2dbd4.jpg

Well......, a 1" lift shackle will raise your vehicle in the rear by approximately 1". So if your junk is 1" lower in the back, than the front. Yes it will help:D

tyspier said:
Since my other thread was deleted, let me retry this in a more 'tech question' way...

Would a 1" shackle help to bring the back of my Jeep up to level with the front or do I need new 4.5" lift leafs?

l_9129dac19aced8163e5f5f7c2cd2dbd4.jpg
Not to bust your balls but I would get rid of those gay lastarawheels first. You would probably get a better ride from a good set of 4.5" springs, but if you already have good springs, I would use a 1.5" shackle.

haha thanks i know they are gay, but they were free and thats all that i could get my hands on at the time, i got some soft 8s to throw on there soon.

the kit was sold as a 4.5" lift but the leafs pretty much suck, so im looking for a recomendation on who to go to for better rear leafs i guess...

Doesn't look like it's leaning backwards to me?

Don't forget, if you are entirely level in the first place, there will be a larger gap in the front....because the rear flares are mounted 1/2" lower than the front flares. So the gaps between the top of the tire and the flares can fool you into thinking it's sagging back when it really wasn't. You really have to look at the rocker panels and their relation to the ground for their entire length.

Back