• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 D44s @ Ontario PAP

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Me and a buddy stopped there on the way home from a Toyota (gasp!) event and I came across 2 XJs with rear D44s.....totally unmolested, still have the wheels and driveshafts attached (this was at about 3PM Sat) I might grab one tomorrow (if I'm not too lazy)......so, you guys looking for one.......there you go! I seem to have a knack for finding these things:dunno:----------Hans

Oatmeal said:
Me and a buddy stopped there on the way home from a Toyota (gasp!) event and I came across 2 XJs with rear D44s.....totally unmolested, still have the wheels and driveshafts attached (this was at about 3PM Sat) I might grab one tomorrow (if I'm not too lazy)......so, you guys looking for one.......there you go! I seem to have a knack for finding these things:dunno:----------Hans

Again? you better not be lazy...I just might go get those if you don't

Justin

xjjeeper19 said:
Again? you better not be lazy...I just might go get those if you don't

Justin
There's some stuff I wanna grab for my Toyota so, I probably wont get to those. I checked them this time......no Detroits (I'm still kicking myself!).
GauchoMD said:
How much are you going to sell them for? :viking:
I usually get $350 which is a pretty fair price.--------Hans

Last edited:
I don't really need them, I'm in the middle of building one right now...no detroit, but it will have a selectable locker, truss, rear disc's......and it's not even mine

Justin

Oatmeal said:
There's some stuff I wanna grab for my Toyota so, I probably wont get to those. I checked them this time......no Detroits (I'm still kicking myself!). I usually get $350 which is a pretty fair price.--------Hans

<hijack> I've had one for sale at $350 for a while now.

<rant>I think people just like to think they are looking to buy one and are too afraid to actually go through the deal. I'd be afraid to sell something that isnt actually a bolt on item.

juryrigjalopy said:
<hijack> I've had one for sale at $350 for a while now.

<rant>I think people just like to think they are looking to buy one and are too afraid to actually go through the deal. I'd be afraid to sell something that isnt actually a bolt on item.
hmmm, everytime I get one I don't think it stays out there for more then a week.

over2land said:
I was just there today, and both are still there, still unmolested.
Yeah, I was there today (spent about 2 1/2 hrs pulling a 6" Pro Comp long raduis arm suspension out of an F-150 for my buddy's Bronco.....$120 w/shocks:D) and they were still there. I was going to pull one but, figured I'd be sitting on it for awhile with Christmas around the corner and everyone spending money on presents instead the D44 that'd be sitting in my driveway. They're totally complete waiting for someone to grab them!..........I love junkyards!:)-------Hans

Oatmeal said:
Yeah, I was there today (spent about 2 1/2 hrs pulling a 6" Pro Comp long raduis arm suspension out of an F-150 for my buddy's Bronco.....$120 w/shocks:D) and they were still there. I was going to pull one but, figured I'd be sitting on it for awhile with Christmas around the corner and everyone spending money on presents instead the D44 that'd be sitting in my driveway. They're totally complete waiting for someone to grab them!..........I love junkyards!:)-------Hans

Bingo! That is one of the reasons I left em.

The other is, I just came to terms with my 29 spling 8.25 in my 98 XJ... and if I had those two 44s sitting around... waiting for a buyer... I'd end up putting one of em in my XJ.

And, I've already got a 9 inch HP44 combo that will be going in early next year... I really don't need the 44 temptation

Kejtar said:
hmmm, everytime I get one I don't think it stays out there for more then a week.

I thought it would go in like a week too. I'm just a magnet for lookeeloos I guess.

I didnt buy it to sell it so its not too bad, but I would like some money now and I can just go pull another when I get around to it.

Not complaining, because I've never gone out there to pull an axle off but I think people (myself included) find it a little hard to fork over $350 bucks for a part that we know was $75-$150 (depending on if it was 1/2 price Sat) at the PAP just days earlier. Not saying your time isnt worth money, I can only say that in my case I'm curious as to what you guys will charge, find out, then think to myself "I'll just wait until I can get to PAP and pull one myself"...

I wish we had them sitting around over here like you guys do none of the XJ we got had 44's...i'd love to upgrade

juryrigjalopy said:
I thought it would go in like a week too. I'm just a magnet for lookeeloos I guess.

I didnt buy it to sell it so its not too bad, but I would like some money now and I can just go pull another when I get around to it.

Hurry up and sell your's.... I am sitting on one as well right now..

GauchoMD said:
Not complaining, because I've never gone out there to pull an axle off but I think people (myself included) find it a little hard to fork over $350 bucks for a part that we know was $75-$150 (depending on if it was 1/2 price Sat) at the PAP just days earlier. Not saying your time isnt worth money, I can only say that in my case I'm curious as to what you guys will charge, find out, then think to myself "I'll just wait until I can get to PAP and pull one myself"...

It seems the going price for a stock 44 is 350.00 and they sell for that from time to time the problem is for those that say they will buy them than flake out,if you want a 150.00 44 go to PAP and get one or better yet go the end of the month and get one for 50% off..........SANTA

4xSanta said:
It seems the going price for a stock 44 is 350.00 and they sell for that from time to time the problem is for those that say they will buy them than flake out,if you want a 150.00 44 go to PAP and get one or better yet go the end of the month and get one for 50% off..........SANTA

X2...

GauchoMD said:

Well its more like $200 from PAP depending on who you get at the checkout counter. They will give you about $50 for a core (not really worth it) and yea 1/2 off does help but there is usually easier to find a 44 on a regular day. $150 is chump change for finding one, rolling around in oily mud, negotiating an awkward axle on a cart through cluttered aisles of cars and parts, not to mention risking your life with forklifts cruising around with cars dangling above your head.

Actually now that I think about it, its not even worth $150 to do that...what was I thinking? I can make that in a couple hours diving, and enjoy it.:D

4xSanta said:

I know that's the going price, and that I can go get one myself for much less...I was simply giving my opinion as to why sometimes people ask about, but dont buy these axles from other NAXJA members. :jester:

By the way, I did say that 1) I've never done it myself so I don't know how labor intensive it can be, and 2) Your time is money, so it should be worth something for you to pull the axle. I wouldnt expect for someone to go to PAP, pull an axle, then turn around and sell it to me at cost. It would be nice though, haha, j/k! Like I said, I was just trying to give my opinion as to why those of us who neither live close enough, nor have the tools/mechanical inclination to do it ourselves might think a better deal may present itself in the near future... I wasn't picking a fight hasta

:peace: Jason

$350 is a good deal. The axles that I've pulled were always in usable condition, just clean them up put oil in and run them. Price a new, ready to bolt in (similarly equipped) axle from Dynatrac or Currie and $350 dosen't sound like much.....yeah, I know we're comparing used to new but, the axle in my '96 is pretty much the way it came from the yard (other than the disc brake swap I did) and it's been fine for over 2 yrs now. Also, the 44s are pretty elusive so, even finding one is tough......although I seem to find them when I'm looking for other (Toyota:)) stuff:dunno:-------Hans

Back