• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Without a mark....

CharlesS

NAXJA Forum User
This morning on the way to work... I stopped into the Circle K for a cup of coffee....
Went thru the usual routine of making my special mixture....
Greeted the female counter clerk Good Morning... and left the store...
Climbed into the Jeep, put seat belt on, started engine, sipped coffee, turned on 2 meter radio before backing out...
You wonder where all this is going....
Looked out the windows, didnt see any cars and started backing up...
Only backed up 8-10' and BANG...

I wonder... What the *%$# is that !!!
Look out the back window and I see the roof of a car....
WHERE THE %^$&* DID HE COME FROM ??
Pulled forward into the parking spot, shut off the Jeep and get out...
The automobile is a red '01 Honda Accord 2 dr... with an older male asian driver...
I apologized for backing into his car, but stated... WHERE THE &*$% DID YOU COME FROM????
He sat in his car for a few minutes and when he finally did get out...; he says... didnt you see me....
I repeated again....; where the *&^# did you come from ???
We then went thru the usual exchance of vehicle information....
I had my paperwork completed in 5 minutes or so...; this guy wrote about as fast as paint drying on a rainy day.... I went from feeling a little sorry for him to being PISSED OFF.... He was writing so slow.... I finally offered to assist him to complete his paperwork....
I was doing about 2-3 mph tops....; so you wonder what the damage was...
His hood has two LARGE creases, hood pushed down in front and the back drivers corner of the hood is tipped upward, along with the front bumper cover being cracked.... and pulled away from the drivers side fender....
Checked my Jeep for damage.... and found NOTHING....
The only evidence of the accident was red Honda paint left in two places on the receiver hitch and on the pivot point for the tire carrier...

This sucks.... since he appears out of no wheres and then stops behind me... I will have to pay for the repairs to his vehicle.
The more I think about it... the more I get annoyed....

Sorry for the long post.... Just needed to vent.....

I wonder if the "Appeared out of thin air" defense will stand up in court.

You hit the guy...Shit happens. Don't get too bent out of shape about it. Your insurance will cover it and if your record is otherwise clean, they probably won't increase your premium.

Just be sure your don't 'admit' to it being your fault.
Sometimes your insurance company and thier insurance company
will just take care of the problem with no points on your record.
Its cheaper for both of them that way.

Ask me how I know.....

:D

CharlesS said:
This morning on the way to work... I stopped into the Circle K for a cup of coffee....
Went thru the usual routine of making my special mixture....
Greeted the female counter clerk Good Morning... and left the store...
Climbed into the Jeep, put seat belt on, started engine, sipped coffee, turned on 2 meter radio before backing out...
You wonder where all this is going....
Looked out the windows, didnt see any cars and started backing up...
Only backed up 8-10' and BANG...

Pulled forward into the parking spot, shut off the Jeep and get out...
The automobile is a red '01 Honda Accord 2 dr... with an older male asian driver...
I apologized for backing into his car, but stated... WHERE THE &*$% DID YOU COME FROM????
He sat in his car for a few minutes and when he finally did get out...; he says... didnt you see me....
I repeated again....; where the *&^# did you come from ???
We then went thru the usual exchance of vehicle information....
I had my paperwork completed in 5 minutes or so...; this guy wrote about as fast as paint drying on a rainy day.... I went from feeling a little sorry for him to being PISSED OFF.... He was writing so slow.... I finally offered to assist him to complete his paperwork....
I was doing about 2-3 mph tops....; so you wonder what the damage was...
His hood has two LARGE creases, hood pushed down in front and the back drivers corner of the hood is tipped upward, along with the front bumper cover being cracked.... and pulled away from the drivers side fender....
Checked my Jeep for damage.... and found NOTHING....
The only evidence of the accident was red Honda paint left in two places on the receiver hitch and on the pivot point for the tire carrier...

This sucks.... since he appears out of no wheres and then stops behind me... I will have to pay for the repairs to his vehicle.
The more I think about it... the more I get annoyed....

Sorry for the long post.... Just needed to vent.....

i was in the same thing. try having this at nigh with my lil' brothewr in the back and some old asian guy hitting us at 35 mph at a dead stop.

CharlesS said:
Wait... so were you backing up without looking out the back window?

Kejtar said:
Wait... so were you backing up without looking out the back window?
Dude, can't you read? He said that the guy came out of nowhere....:laugh3:
And sorry to hear it Charles. That sucks...

Sounds to me like you got re-ended by this guy!! It is his fault.

Didn't he see you? I mean a Big Jeep and back-up lights on?

Geezzzzz....

Glad you and your Jeep are OK though.

Like Rick said, don't admit fault. You can not prove you backed into nor can you prove he re-ended you. Any witnesses?

Damned old Asian drivers.

rpraterxj said:
Sounds to me like you got re-ended by this guy!! It is his fault.

Didn't he see you? I mean a Big Jeep and back-up lights on?

Geezzzzz....

Glad you and your Jeep are OK though.

Like Rick said, don't admit fault. You can not prove you backed into nor can you prove he re-ended you. Any witnesses?

No witnesses...; the accident happened about 4:45 AM....

The driver took a couple pictures with his camera phone...
In the picture... my Jeep is in the parking slot and his car is about 8' behind my Jeep.
Not sure what he thinks that picture will proove....
Isn't California a NO FAULT state ???

It seems like every day it will happen that I slowly back out of a spot and someone will race behind me and even honk the horn instead of politely letting me out. I hate that @#%

Sorry man, at least its minor.

KH

CharlesS said:
Remi....

IF I WERE YOU... I WOULDNT CAST STONES..... WE ALL KNOW HOW CAREFUL OF A DRIVER YOU ARE !!!

READ THE POST !!!!
dude... relax! All I did was ask a question cause the way you posted it appeared to me that you looked and then stopped looking and then after hitting looked again which sounded odd to me. Jeeeeez....

Sorry to hear charles....soooo when are you parting out the Jeep? :) j/k.

Back