• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

add-a-leaf durablilty?

terryd

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having some trouble deciding on what kind of replacement I want to do for my rear springs. I have a set of main leaves I put new poly bushings in ready to build new bastard packs. I only need 2" of lift. I'm running RE 1.25" shackles and my old bastard packs (only 3 leaves, really flexy but I have managed to kill one). I'm also thinking about selling those mains and buying the OME 2.0" Heavy load springs. This is more of a camping rig so while I want flexy, I dont like putting my gear in it and it dropping to the ground. Has anyone used late model Toyota sprigs for a bastard pack? They are pretty much flat and rated for 1/2 ton?

i haven't done it put a guy on here says 92 s-10 springs are great the have a high arch and a soft ride hes says 3 in of lift but i've seen about 5in

I was talking to my g/f and her sister and forgot to even mention the reason I was posting this..... lol

I'm also considering getting the rest of the XJ stock pack and doing an add-a-leaf and wondered how durable they are. The bastard pack I have on there now is only 2 years old and already looks like and S.

I just did an s10 bastard pack using the xj main and second leafs... I netted between 5 and 5.5 in! I have no shocks back there at the moment, so it's a pretty bouncy ride... but I got a lot of lift!

well, I only need 2 inches of lift. I'm leaving this one at 3" because I can run 31's and if I go larger than 3" i'll be tempted to do things with it I really dont want to. I want to build something else to wheel harder so the cherokee will stay a DD and light wheeler.

Depending on your area and how much you can get them for...

I have paid $20 a set for S10 packs. Use just the S10 main for around 2" of lift. These will outlast a AAL and they are longer than most long AALs. Get the S10 main leaf ends drilled and have antifriction pads installed and they will last you quite awhile.

I run the S10 main and the S10 second leaf for around 3.5-4" of lift. They flex okay and have held up well. The XJ main hasn't inverted at all and it's been a couple of years now (maybe about 2yrs now).

That sounds like it would work well, and would be a cheap way to do it. I'd go for that!

yeah, think i'll do that.... I've got a set of S-10 packs laying around. 4 leaf ones I think. I'll pick up the rest of the XJ packs from the dude and add in the S-10 mains. thanks for the input!

Back