• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner

clunk

NAXJA Forum User
I was at the dealer ordering a new output seal for my NP242 when I saw a can of Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner sitting on the shelf. I have been having rough/low idle problems since I bought the jeep as well as a bit of hesitation on takeoff. I had tried cleaning the carbon out by spraying water down the throttle body, but didn't get the results I expected so I decided to try the Mopar product.
So anyways, I picked a can up, used it according to the directions and am more than happy with the results!! Both my rough/low idle and hesitation have nearly completely been taken care of, there is no longer a 75RPM "blip" in my RPM and the hesitation is gone. Also, the engine sounds alot better (it doesn't diesel nearly as much as it did).

I havn't used Seafoam before, so I can't say if this stuff is any better but it sure worked well!

You can expect similar results from seafoam. but you can add it to your fueltank/crankcase,etc

I saw that stuff once at the parts department and I was interested in knowing how it worked. On the one you got, how was it applied. I have used seafoam before in the gas tank, but never really asked about the Mopar stuff. If you still have the can. Do you have a part number. Thanks.

the can is gone, so no part number.
Applying it, run the engine up to regular tempurature. Remove air intake hose from side of stock airbox. Keep engine RPM's at around 750, and spray the entire can into the mouth of the throttle body. If it sounds like it's going to stall out, bump the throttle up a little bit. Once you have emptied the entire can, shut the engine off and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Restart the engine, drive it conservatively for 10 minutes or so and your good to go.

I read in a few other articles about this stuff that you should leave it sit for as much as a few hours for the cleaner to really get down into the rings and that. 10 minutes seemed to do an alright job, but I'll probably pick up another can in a few weeks and give it a second treatment, this time I'll leave it for a few hours.

You should let it sit for a couple of hours but not all day. It's better to do two applications if you really want your cylinders to be clean--it will pool on the cylinder head so only the fully exposed cylinder walls get the good cleaning.

You should also do five or six WOTs to help blow all the loosened crap out.

Back