• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trxus...15k later-

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Some may remember this thread when I was trying to decide what tire to get:

Original Trxus thread

Some things have changed since then. I've upgraded to a HP D44 w/ alloy shafts and super joints, and an 8.8 w/ alloy shafts. Through out all that, I've run the same 34x12.50 tires Interco Trxus M/Ts. Here are my thoughts:

Rocks: Good. As good as any radial tire out there, with the exception of the BFG Krawler, but let's face it that's not in the same league. Here's me in Moab at Potato Salad Hill. BTW, this is with no bead-locks...tires were just fine:

Great video...watch it all

Moab16.jpg

Mud: Good. Not on the same level as the TSLs I was used to, but pretty damn good. Wheel speed is important to clean them out, but I think they're as good if not better than other tires in the class. Better then MT/R and BFG MTs, etc.

100_2889.jpg

P.S. I was the only rig who made it through that hole that day.

Video if you want: http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/12GaugeXJ/?action=view&current=100_2890.flv

Snow: These are simply the single best snow tire on the market today. I've done things with these tires in the snow I never thought possible. At about 3-5 psi, they'll float like you'd never believe...it's like magic. I drove out of this:

IMG_0057.jpg

CIMG1174.jpg

Road: They are very well behaved on the road. Intercos are notorious for being hard to balance, but with the airsoft method, it's a moot point. I've had mine up to an Honest-to-God 100 MPH and was never scared. Well, at least not from the tires.

Wear: I've been used to going through a set of tires every 8-10k miles. I wheel hard, I drive hard on the street, etc. The reason I went with the Trxus was that I'd heard they last well under a lot of miles, sacraficing little off road.

That's mostly true. I've put on over 14,000 miles in the last 11 months and have been very pleased. The tires are still probably 70%...not bad for what they've been through. Unfortunately, I have started to notice a degredation in their performance with the decreased wear...nothing you wouldn't expect. I wouldn't hesitate to wheel any place in the country with the tires as they are now.

Cons: Sidewall strength. That is this tire's Achilles heel. I destroyed one in Moab when the rim "snake-bit" the side wall. That being said, it was a really hard hit. I doubt an MT/R or any other "super" side wall equiped radial would have fared better. I also had a big bulge develop in a side wall. Interco replaced the tire under warranty.

I should reiterate that I push everything to the ragged edge. For the vast majority of Jeepers, the Trxus represents a VERY stong value and will provide a great amount of value and performance.

Hope this was informative and will help in your future selections.

-----Matt-----

P.S. My next tire will be a 36x12.50 Trxus M/T or a 35x12x17 BFG KM2. Still not sure.

Really appreciate the real world review, I thought about these tires but couldn't wait for them to get shipped last winter, they were on a 2 week back order:bawl:
How many shops are capable of the airsoft balance as I am unfamiliar with that balancing method.....damn noob.

i want a set.

Good field report I can second most of your report but the snow..dont get much here.
I think they are a great combo tire. I am on my second set so that tells you I like them

He is mine now with little over 11k, they have seen plenty of trail use,about 90% still

286036921.jpg

JKMotorsports said:
HMM. I have 33's but I didn't know they made a 36x12.5 Might be looking ing those instead of the TSLs I was thinking.

They dont make a 36x12.50, they make 35's and 37's.

Great report Matt. I liked mine for street manners, they worked great on the trail until the sidewall failure arose.

35's?

36's????

I thought you were going back to 33's for a lower COG. :sure:

MTZs > TRXus MTs

:D

Mainly because 2ozs a tire vs 14ozs and the sidewall strength.

Last edited:
Back