• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Found some property in the desert.

88trailcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
I just found out that my great, great grandfather purchased 10 acres of land for $10.00 back in 1927. Looks to be about 20 miles north of victorville.

Looking at the old topo maps I pointed to roughly where I think the spot is and Google gave me +34 41' 28.46" - 117 25' 7.68" Looks to be prime, middle of nowhere desert.

Anyone familiar with the area? Anything worth exploring around there, I figure I might want to go take a look at it one day, is there anything out there?

88trailcrawler said:
I just found out that my great, great grandfather purchased 10 acres of land for $10.00 back in 1927. Looks to be about 20 miles north of victorville.

Looking at the old topo maps I pointed to roughly where I think the spot is and Google gave me +34 41' 28.46" - 117 25' 7.68" Looks to be prime, middle of nowhere desert.

Anyone familiar with the area? Anything worth exploring around there, I figure I might want to go take a look at it one day, is there anything out there?
open an off road park

i'll give you $200 for it, thats one hell of a profit :D post the googlemaps link! there is a button that says "link to this page"

Dang, just found out he also bought 60 acres near Banning. Reportedly it is now land locked by a preserve or something, only accessable by foot or bicycle. I gotta get the details on that one too.

It looks like it is by silver lakes area. That is some descent wheeling area over there. You could get a tractor and pile rocks and dig some holes and trenches and make a 4wheel park.

Actually elmirage is about 10 miles from me and if that is 20 miles from victorville and the side of 395 it should be some descent exploring. When you decide to take a run up there let us know, I will go out with you.

Mile offered you 200, Hell I will give you two fitty...

Leep

Leep, are there any trails going up Shadow Mts. Inside the El Mirage OHV?

Looks like there should be and it looks like Shadow Mts. are part of the OHV. I send you a message if we ever do go out there to check it out.

It is only 10 acres...not much of an offroad park

88trailcrawler said:
Leep, are there any trails going up Shadow Mts. Inside the El Mirage OHV?

Looks like there should be and it looks like Shadow Mts. are part of the OHV. I send you a message if we ever do go out there to check it out.

It is only 10 acres...not much of an offroad park

10 acres would be good for a personal play area. I am not that familiar with that area but up for exploring, just let me know when you wanna go and I will check my schedule.

Leep

That's only half an hour from from where I am.

Maybe one day next week I'll run over there and check it out. If so I'll bring a camera and take some pictures.

How close do you think your GPS co-ord's are?

I'll give ya $300 sight unseen. LOL

Ride'on,

~C!~

88trailcrawler said:

If you'd like me to try to get you info just pm me.

I used to go riding there when I was a kid. Not much in the way of rock carawling, just mostly flat desert.

My family has property on Sheepcreek Rd near Powerline Rd in Phelan (almost El Mirage).

Mostly flat out that way, with the exception of Shadow Mountain. There use to be some cool washes to play in over around Apple Valley, but that was years ago.

AppleValleySlim said:
That's only half an hour from from where I am.

Maybe one day next week I'll run over there and check it out. If so I'll bring a camera and take some pictures.

How close do you think your GPS co-ord's are?

I'll give ya $300 sight unseen. LOL

Ride'on,

~C!~

You aint got 300, well maybe. Well maybe, I will give you 305 a budwieser and a broken 9/16 wrench.

Leep

Hmmm. tempting, I don't have a broken 9/16" wrench!

I am not doing anything with it, it is my Moms property. I just found out about it and since it seemed to be in general wheeling territory, thought I would post up here and see if anyone was familiar with the area.

I looked it up on google kind of dreaming that it was some undeveloped swatch, which it is, but it is surrounded by a bunch of open desert.....not real sure what good it is.

Might have to go explore the area a bit one day.

88trailcrawler said:
Do you know if the property taxes have continuously been paid? If not, the state may have foreclosed.

The new TERRAIN feature on Googlemaps seems to show the area is totally flat.

88trailcrawler said:

Off road park! small but good.

Leep said:
It looks like it is by silver lakes area.

I used to live on the north side of that wash in Silverlakes. About 4 miles downstream as the crow flies. It was my house, my backyard, a service road, and then the wash.

I dont forsee that land being developed for a while, but the SoCal Logistics Airport to the south east is growing like crazy.

Back