• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 Cherokee Issue

Jeeppopotamus

NAXJA Forum User
Hows everyone doing? Just wanted to say what an awesome forum. I actually found some answers reading some of these threads.

I drive a stock 1995 Cherokee I6 4.0HO

BUT i could not find an any help on this problem. When im driving either on the streets or highway, my jeeps would feel as if I suddenly release my gas pedal. It does this when my foot is on the gas pedal at all times, usually crusing. It happens once in awhile, but does happen everyday.

Any suggestions or what i should look at, would be appreciated.

Sounds like a problem with your throttle position sensor (TPS). Try taking it apart and cleaning it with some electronics cleaner. That might do the trick. Good luck! :repair:

May also be a plugged up fuel filter

one other thing may be a loose hose fitting or hole in the fuel line. had that one happen to me when i first started driving. ehnever i would get up to 54, the engine would start to lose power till i was back down to 35, then it would pick up again

I know I sound like a broken record on this one, but here it goes again. Before replacing any parts, check the fuel delivery system. Fuel pressure AND volume. They are two different things. Search this site or Goggle it. It has to have the proper pressure and deliver sufficient volume. This is just one part of trouble shooting.

Back