• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy? Axle Shafts

erikwylie

Jealousy Root of all Evil
I am looking for a set of custom axle shafts and need to know where I can find a set of 29" long 40 spline with 5 on 4.5 axle shafts for a ford 9"? Any help would be great.

These are for a 7S truck a friend of mine ownes. The kicker, I need these ASAP!

If these arn't available a set of the same above but 35 spline could work as well as we have the third member for both.

Thanks in Advance!
Erik

Try Currie Ford 9" is their gig!

http://www.currieenterprises.com/

erikwylie said:
I am looking for a set of custom axle shafts and need to know where I can find a set of 29" long 40 spline with 5 on 4.5 axle shafts for a ford 9"? Any help would be great.

These are for a 7S truck a friend of mine ownes. The kicker, I need these ASAP!

If these arn't available a set of the same above but 35 spline could work as well as we have the third member for both.

Thanks in Advance!
Erik

call Alloy USA / Precision Gear and talk to Mike Lockwood

Dutchman will make and ship in 2-3 days. sooner if you ask. And service is top notch.

For serious race stuff, don't even consider anybody but, www.markwilliams.com (they can ship within 5 days for an additional fee) or www.summersbrothersracing.com (local, in Ontario) and don't even get me started on Dutchman Motorsports....2 Rubicon trips = 2 gernaded Ford 9" shafts and one twisted, about to break spare (also a Dutchman shaft).....and an attitude from them!......junk!--------Hans

Last edited:
what ever, 4340 is 4340, CTM is one of the very few companies making shafts out of 300m and when demanding the ultimate in strength there is no other option.

IMHO and i think quite a few other people would agree, CTM is where its at. His stuff won the baja in the jeepspeeds this year...

jack is one of the best guys out there and he makes sure himself every product is top grade and if anything happens to it he takes great care of you.

CTM is in Oceanside, take a trip down there and look at his operation and go on pirate or even on here (captinron, dave taylor, paul sinclar) they will all tell you how good jacks products are.

Oatmeal said:
For serious race stuff, don't even consider anybody but, www.markwilliams.com (they can ship within 5 days for an additional fee) or www.summersbrothersracing.com (local, in Ontario) and don't even get me started on Dutchman Motorsports....2 Rubicon trips = 2 gernaded Ford 9" shafts and one twisted, about to break spare (also a Dutchman shaft).....and an attitude from them!......junk!--------Hans

Last edited:
As for dutchman I would have to clarify, do be cheap and get their chinese 4340 crap. Spend the extra few bucks and get the USA blanks done.

You can recommend any one u like, but most all will use the same either USA or chinese blanks to start from if 4340.

As for issues w dutchman sorry to hear. My 35sp rockjock stuff was ans has been perfect now for a year. And they usually get nothing but praise for quality and turn around time.

Now that 300M crap is just outa my pay scale.

ROBERTK said:

mine too but somehow i got it! :D :D :D

ready to help me take the rig out on its madien voyage rob?

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
mine too but somehow i got it! :D :D :D

ready to help me take the rig out on its madien voyage rob?

I wish. Wife is in L&D at st joesphs waiting to give birth to my boy, Wyatt. But then again he might be 1 or 2 by the time you heep is ready so yeah ill be there and Wyatt will drive my rig. Haha

Good luck on it Ben. I will be back at it first weekend in mar for TDS then regular again after that.

as it sits ill be in iraq then.....

congrats though man!

i thought he was due the weekend of JV?

oh and the rig is pretty much DONE, just finishing touches.

ROBERTK said:
I wish. Wife is in L&D at st joesphs waiting to give birth to my boy, Wyatt. But then again he might be 1 or 2 by the time you heep is ready so yeah ill be there and Wyatt will drive my rig. Haha

Good luck on it Ben. I will be back at it first weekend in mar for TDS then regular again after that.

Oatmeal said:

X2 on the summers brothers racing.. they do 300m as well... top quality for a fair price..

ROBERTK said:
As for dutchman I would have to clarify, do be cheap and get their chinese 4340 crap. Spend the extra few bucks and get the USA blanks done.

You can recommend any one u like, but most all will use the same either USA or chinese blanks to start from if 4340.

As for issues w dutchman sorry to hear. My 35sp rockjock stuff was ans has been perfect now for a year. And they usually get nothing but praise for quality and turn around time.

I'm glad you've gotten good service from your axles. In my case I paid alot of money (total came to over $500 for the three shafts) for axles that didn't even hold up as well as the stock shafts they replaced and then, have them come back and say " you're running too big a tire" (35s) "too low of gearing" (4.11s with a granny 4 speed and Dana 20 T/C...this is an early Bronco BTW).....blah,blah,blah. This was several years ago so, maybe their product (and customer service) has improved since then but, "once bitten or in my case, twice bitten (broke the other shaft after I bought a replacement shaft then, broke that one too!) twice shy". Running a Warn full floater now (almost 10 yrs now) with no issues.....You can understand my distrust of their products, then.---------Hans

ROBERTK said:

FYI, Dutchman sells import and domestic shafts. their domestic shafts I believe are superior blanks. but don't quote me on that.
As for their import shafts. They are Yukon blanks which are not chinese. (get your knee's straight). Yukon blanks come from india.

Rawbrown said:
FYI, Dutchman sells import and domestic shafts. their domestic shafts I believe are superior blanks. but don't quote me on that.
As for their import shafts. They are Yukon blanks which are not chinese. (get your knee's straight). Yukon blanks come from india.

Domestic are Superior blanks. Im sure you are correct on the import ones.

Back