• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I broke every rule...

Bored400

NAXJA Forum User
Yes kids, I get the dumbass award. My 89' xj has been sitting in my shop, motor gutted, parts strewn about, unidentified bolts, nuts, sensors and bracketry everywhere for about 6 months now. I purchased a rebuilt 4.0 to replace my original, and I have quite a few new parts...but I cannot for the life of me remember the layout of the accessory brackets and the sensor locations. I've run thru my Chilton manual and cant find a good schematic that identifies the locations of these items. Do any of you know of a source where I can find such a picture? Sheesh, I know better than to tear a motor apart and not label everything...and I did do some of that...but the bracketry and the sensor locations are where I'm lost. Anyone?

Just so you know, my Dad has already chewed my ass to the bone for this...and I know I'm probably going to get a little grief from you guys. I can handle it, as long as I can get my Jeep running again! Thanks.

Bob

I should be working on my Jeep this weekend. PM me a list of pics you need me to take and I should be able to take them for you and email them.

Poor guy!! I went through the same sorta thing! I bought my 89 limited off a local shop for $200, the engine in boxes in the back, I got a used engine and had a buddy bring his 89 over to figure out where things go, especially the vacuum crap, let me know if u need pics I can get some afterwork

i just keep running up front to see my intact 88, then run back and install such component in it's appropriate location, I'll shoot pick of my "uninstalled engine tonight and you can infer the locations of the brackets by bolt size and shape, it's kinda hard to screw up the sensor locations...

Back