• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case/tranny cross member fell off

ok so heres the problem a while back maylong my t-case cross member came unbolted on the driver side....after a weekend of wheeling so i fixed it and all was fine ive beat on it since then and its seemed to hold up fine untill today when i was just exploring some back roads nothin major just gravel road and minor deactivations....so i came down into this valley and decided to throw it into 4wd on the way back up and make it a little easier as its was pretty loose in sections and half way up the hill i hear clunk clunk boom and i knew right then what had happen so i walked back after findin a good size landing to fix it and luckily found the drop bracket and bolts so i bolted it back up....bottle jack and a socket set
(go figure the one day i dont bring my whole tool set)..im assuming its stripped.. so after all that i get 3/4 the way back to my friends house and it comes undone again so currently i have one bolt and several tack welds holing up...should be fine aslong i keep it in 2wd my question is has anyone had this problem and found a better way to secure the cross member with more strength....i figure retap and hope it holds maybe throw some tack welds on...really sucks cause now i cant go wheelin or put it in 4wd until i fix it :tear:

thanks in advance

JB weld held my rear yoke together for a couple weeks after I.. well... I wont get into that. Then I got stupid and absolutely destroyed the thing... but hey... :D

The way the crossmember is secured to the frame is super janky. I love it when the welds break that hold the nut to the inside of the uni-frame. Fuckin rediculous.
I just cut holes from inside the cab, welded a nut to a plate. then welded the plate to the inside of the frame. Just make sure that u dont tighten the shit out of it when u put the c/member back up. They are not supposed to be tightened with quatludes of torque.

Back